Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:57:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690851
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pimp my kit/ medievalise it !  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
Pimp my kit/ medievalise it !
« on: January 18, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »
 I Bought a western cottages kit by micro art studio to make some easy inhabitation to my fantasy village. For that I needed to pimp the kit to fit in a medieval style:

WIP:

and then:

For the second house I went in a pimp frenzy !

She is still in WIP and two cottages left on the kit.

Online Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
Re: Pimp my kit/ medievalise it !
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:58:18 PM »
Wonderful stuff, keep it coming!  :)
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:52:26 PM »
First rate medievalization! 8)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 09:07:36 PM »
What you've reminded me of...is a curious angle that I haven't seen MDF companies tackle.  I think there would be a suitable market for building armatures.  Basically four walls and a roof...but blank, with only windows and doors cut out.  No detailing, etc.

Sell it at very reasonable cost (laser time and MDF --- you could sell simple houses for $5 or less).  Then let the end user actually detail/build the structure.  While this stuff can be made out of cork/hard foam, etc...I think the majority of the time/frustration is spent on the walls/cutting out windows/making sure the roof lines up.  Take that portion out of the build, and sell a number of houses/buildings and I think there would be a good response from scratch-builders.

Basically the polar opposite end of the spectrum from 4Ground (pre-painted/beautiful kits).  Bare bones skeletons for the scratch builder to make. 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »
What you've reminded me of...is a curious angle that I haven't seen MDF companies tackle.  I think there would be a suitable market for building armatures.  Basically four walls and a roof...but blank, with only windows and doors cut out.  No detailing, etc.

Sell it at very reasonable cost (laser time and MDF --- you could sell simple houses for $5 or less).  Then let the end user actually detail/build the structure.  While this stuff can be made out of cork/hard foam, etc...I think the majority of the time/frustration is spent on the walls/cutting out windows/making sure the roof lines up.  Take that portion out of the build, and sell a number of houses/buildings and I think there would be a good response from scratch-builders.

Basically the polar opposite end of the spectrum from 4Ground (pre-painted/beautiful kits).  Bare bones skeletons for the scratch builder to make. 

And I'ill be a consummer !

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
Wonderful work, I like the bird nest. Did you made the wall with plaster or filler?

Best regards

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
The texture is filler with water paint with a brush on the walls.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 09:43:13 PM »

Yeah, i think youre on to something there. Ive searched high and low for decent 15mm house kits to kitbash without any luck.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »

As an impatient fidgeter who also loves to scratchbuild, I would buy many, many of these in years to come.  :D I can't cut 90 degree angles to save my life. lol

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 05:49:00 AM »
Nicely done!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 04:42:15 PM »
Turns out, literally the day after I posted about that stuff...Tabula Rasa series came out for 28mm over on the WW2 boards ---- exactly what I was describing.  lol  I'm a seer!  I see all things!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 05:44:49 PM »
Turns out, literally the day after I posted about that stuff...Tabula Rasa series came out for 28mm over on the WW2 boards ---- exactly what I was describing.  lol  I'm a seer!  I see all things!

Link? I can't seem to find it...  :`

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 11:20:07 PM »
Sorry it's in the Conflicts from the Cold bit...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=86420.0

Not exactly what we were talking about, but a very similar approach.  With an expanded range it would be very similar.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 03:47:44 AM »
Sorry it's in the Conflicts from the Cold bit...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=86420.0

Not exactly what we were talking about, but a very similar approach.  With an expanded range it would be very similar.

Ahh, it's Knights of Dice! More than happy to give Viv some of my money.  :) Thanks!

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 06:39:37 PM »