Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ordering from uncle mikes...  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Skunk

• Student
Ordering from uncle mikes...
« on: January 22, 2016, 05:33:07 AM »
 How has your buying experience been when ordering from uncle mikes? I'm in the US and I know they're in Canada, so it'll be a bit before my order gets here, but its been processing for a while. But so far in my experience, small gaming companies generally come in two flavors, the folks who ship your stuff in 1-3 days and the people who take your money and sit on your order for months and only ship when you threaten them with a PayPal dispute. Me and a lot of people in my gaming group are really excited for this game, but if it's going to take 3 1/2 months and a ton of angry emails before I get a shipping confirmation, me and my gaming group will shop elsewhere.
I am the mayor of candy.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
Re: Ordering from uncle mikes...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:00 AM »
Have you ordered yet?
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Skunk

• Student
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:53:57 AM »
I ordered the core rulebook about a week ago and it's still processing. I just want to know if this sort of thing is normal or if I need to start looking at other options. And I really don't want to do that. I want to throw my money at this company, all they have to do is not violently shove their pp in my dirt button and ejaculate ruination all over my life.

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 06:09:20 AM »
I ordered the core rulebook about a week ago and it's still processing. I just want to know if this sort of thing is normal or if I need to start looking at other options. And I really don't want to do that. I want to throw my money at this company, all they have to do is not violently shove their pp in my dirt button and ejaculate ruination all over my life.

I just got the pdf.  I got mine the same day.  I am sure you will hear asap.  Mike watches his board well it seems.

The game is great and my experience so far has been equally great with Mike.
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 08:48:38 AM »
Hello
Have ordered something like ten times from umw.
Im based in Germany .Everything arrived save and quiet fast.The shop has some flaws...
Some of my Orders still show progressing lol
From my experience i think you really dont have to worry..
Uncle Mike is a great helpfull guy!!!
Like you said its a small company but they were always fast.Most time under 2weeks to Germany.
Greetings from
Germany

Florian

Cultist#83

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »
I've ordered many times from uncle mikes website. I'm in the UK and orders have always turned up in a very timely manner, I'm pretty sure your order will turn up shortly.

As others have said, Mike monitors the board well so I'm guessing he'll be along very shortly

Regards

Jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »
One thing you should totally have up for order is the Moulder and Skully figs- now that XFiles is getting a 10th season.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »
Hey Skunk, welcome to the madhouse! I can totally relate to your eager anticipation. Enthusiasm should be rewarded.  8)

Uncle Mike runs a one-man-show. Sometimes that means that Real Life™ is going to get in the way of his hobby related business.

That said, I've never heard of or read any reports of bad dealings or unhappy UMWW customers on the Commercial forum here at the LAF.

Over the years I've found UM to be very easy to communicate with, he's just another member of the community who happens to have written a rather excellent game and has a line of minis.

Have you tried posting him a PM about your order?

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »
This was solved days ago people!  ;) Well...at least it was sent out days ago...hope it gets there fast!!! :D

Offline Skunk

• Student
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:18 PM »
Yay! Mike contacted me last night and cleared everything up. The book is in the mail. It just didnt update the orders status on the site. But, at the week mark I gotta ask what's up. Thankfully this isn't another Zuzzy situation... I now feel good about getting more Strange Aeons stuff when I can get together a couple bucks.

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:10 PM »
like i said  lol