Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Project z. Warlord games zombie game.  (Read 16798 times)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: Project z. Warlord games zombie game.
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
IIf pre order pack is 110 pounds for core + 5 expansions. Core is 30p so 80/5 is 16 pounds per box... (of 10 survivors, when wargames factory boxes had 30 por around 22 pounds I believe).

The lack of information is beginning to annoy me.

Rules sample?

How much are the packs separately? What's the savng on the pre-order? How many feral dogs do you get??

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2016, 06:36:11 PM »
I admit the prices aren't what I expected after dealing with the Wargames Factory products, but if I was to drop the prices to what I think they should be, I would probably be making a loss, which defeats the point of stocking them. Best I could do was drop the price a little.

I guess they have to get their money back for re-packaging/re-branding. They are still great figures though, and the price probably can't be beat compared to metal figures.

How much are the packs separately? What's the savng on the pre-order? How many feral dogs do you get??

Wachaza - I know this wasn't aimed at me, but the prices are on my website for individual boxes. I've taken a little off, but RRP should be £15 each, and £25 for the Bikers.

As for rules and Ferrel dogs, no idea on any of that! I don't know if I'll receive any ferrel dogs with my bulk order, or whether that's just a Warlord free-bee for them.
www.grekwoodminiatures.co.uk
rovanite.blogspot.co.uk
On Facebook too!

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2016, 09:16:39 PM »
Wachaza - I know this wasn't aimed at me, but the prices are on my website for individual boxes. I've taken a little off, but RRP should be £15 each, and £25 for the Bikers.
I know you've got prices up, but it'd just be nice if Warlord actually told us officially. In comparison with Mantic's media blitzkrieg the Warlord release seems a bit half bothered in terms of organisation and communication.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2016, 09:55:51 PM »
To be fair, Mantic NEEDED a media Blitzkrieg because they were running a Kickstarter.   Warlord has a pre-order bundle without a lot of fanfare (though they are putting out a couple articles a week in their newsletters about this).   

They have been releasing new plastic Bolt Action vehicles as 'platoon packs' a few weeks before showing prices for individual vehicles, and offering bundle deals for other lines before parsing it out for individual SKU sales.   Seems they are following an established pattern.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »
Warlord has the rule PDF free for a limited time:  http://us-store.warlordgames.com/products/project-z-free-rules-pdf

Offline m4jumbo

• Scientist
    • Terrain Specialties Forum
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2016, 02:53:00 PM »
In addition to the Free rules PDF, there is also a game play video.  Haven't watched it yet myself but am going to check it out shortly.

Link to Project Z rules PDF and game play video.

Haven't read through the PDF yet so not sure what I will think of the rules themselves, but I think it's cool they are putting them out there for free. 

So many games, so little time.
-----------------------------------
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Terrain_Specialties/index.php?act=idx

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2016, 03:14:31 AM »
Read the rules and watched the video, pretty much a straight up game really. In an odd way I like the jumping right into the game with the cards which I never thought I would be a fan of, but the idea of just using what you have armed with X is nice.

The mechanics seem simple but has some good flow and despite the biker gang getting lucky, I think the balance is there. Excited to get my copy soon.

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com