Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:32:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Becky and the Red Jade Buddha - 3rd Adventure  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: Becky and the Red Jade Buddha - 3rd Adventure
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
RECOVERY

Following on from the previous and rather disastrous episode Becky and her chums had a lead to the White Swan Hotel in Inverness. This turns out to be quite lucky because Gabrielle has a friend who works there, a quick phone call and she confirms that the 5 Bikers have already checked out and left but a large bald man is still in his room  but is checking out this morning. No time to loose.

As it transpires all the action will take place in the hotel but as I set up the table here is a shot of the White Swan in the central area of Inverness.

The place looks strangely deserted, this is the shot from the E type in which Roxanne and Susanne are keeping an eye on the front entrance.

Boris will leave in a time determined by the dice. Each turn both parties throw 1D6 for activation and each 7 thrown reduces the number of turns before Boris leaves, it needs 6 throws of 7 and he leaves.

Turn 1
7 thrown. 1X7 thrown

Turn 2
Becky and Gabrielle arrive at the back door of the Swan.

Turn 3
7 thrown. The girls enter the Swan and meet up with Gabrielle’s friend who confirms that Boris is still in his room but leaving shortly. 2X7 thrown

Turn 4
The girls decide to change into maids outfits, dice roll confirms this will take 4 active moves. In retrospect I’m not sure what my thinking was here. I have no figures in maids outfits - I probably would like to have figures in maids outfits! I guess the thinking was they would be able to take Boris by surprise. – hum – better not go there.

Turn 5
7 thrown, girls active and changing. 3X7 thrown

Turn 6
Girls active - changing

Turn 7
7 thrown, girls active – changing and 4X7 thrown

Turn 8
Girls active and now in the maids outfits.

Turn 9
7 thrown, girls active and through the Office and to the bottom of the stairs 5X7 thrown, Boris has packed his bags and is getting ready to leave. Just needs one more 7 and they will be too late.

Turn 10
Girls active and go up the stairs and knock on the door.

Turn 11
Boris not suspicious and just asks who it is, “Maids to clean your room sir”. Responds Becky.

Turn 12
7 thrown, - just leaving says Boris and opens the door, he fails his insight test and so does not recognise the girls in their thin disguise as maids. Just shows what a short black dress, white apron and feather duster will do.

Turn 13
Boris turns to pick up his case and laptop, the girls should jump him now but for the 1st time in the game are inactive – and don’t move – bugger.

Turn 14
Boris comes out of the room past Becky and for the 2nd time in the game the girls are inactive. Next turn he will be down the stairs and then it will be a noisy affair to stop him.

Sorry about this, poor photo and I am using a /72 scale building with no interior and I drew the plan to the correct scale so no good for 28mm figures, must try to do better, as it used to say on my school reports.

Turn 15
Boris fails to activate but finally the girls do, but only just. Becky who is behind Boris saps him hard, he is stunned but does not go down and turns groggily round only to be hit with the sap a 2nd time and as she hits him again he goes down to his knees.

Turn 16
The girls drag Boris into his room and close the door. The dice roll says it will take the girls 5 turns to bind and gag him. How soon before he wakes and starts to shout, hurrah a 6 is rolled so Boris will wake in 6 turns, by which time he will be securely tied up.

Turn 22
Boris awakes, tied to the bed and gagged, with 2 beautiful girls standing over him, not every mans nightmare scenario. However for Boris it is not looking too good.

Turn 23
In my version of the rules everyone has an affinity, that means that if they want to do a conspicuously good or bad act they roll a dice and have to score higher or lower than their affinity level to do the deed. Unlike Wargamers who would shoot their best friend in the back if it would win them the game.

In this case to do a bad deed the girls have to roll higher than their affinity. Gabrielle is a bit of a saint with an affinity level of 6 and so has to roll higher than a 6 on a 6 sided dice to do a bad deed, not much chance there then, but Becky is only a 4 and so 5 or 6 allows her so do a bad deed and she rolls 6. bad news for Boris and he knows it. Becky puts a knife to his throat and asks the 1st question, Boris is a coward – guts 2 and so has to roll 2 dice and get 1 or both of them at 2 or less, to resist, he rolls 1 and 1. Hum this might not be as easy as I thought.

Turn 24 to Turn 34
Every time Becky was able to question Boris forcefully he was able to hold out. Eventually Gabrielle insisted that this was going no where and Becky had to agree.

Turn 35
The girls called it a day they recovered Becky’s dads journal and files and took Boris’s laptop, passport, driving licence, and library card – no only joking about the library card, that wouldn’t have been nice.
They then left quietly, partly untying him so that he would be able to leave later with out causing a fuss and getting the police involved.

So a good result for Becky and the girls, recovering the information they had not had time to read so far, there is a good possibility that they will get a lead from the laptop as to who is employing Boris, they agreed he was not the man at the top.

To be continued………

PS the next report which is in the making does have a few more pictures for the textually challenged like me.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 02:17:29 AM »
Sounds like a good time for all (except for Boris...boo hiss) lol lol lol
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Noverre Man

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »
Thanks for another excellent chapter,simple but effective scenery, especially the roads, what was the material/method?
You are never too old to be childish

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
Sounds like a good time for all (except for Boris...boo hiss) lol lol lol
LB
Yes he didn't have a good day

Thanks for another excellent chapter,simple but effective scenery, especially the roads, what was the material/method?

Yes the scenery is done on a budget  lol lol no where near as good as a lot of the stuff on the forum, these are just card houses built maybe 35 years ago. The roads are more recent and are just hardboard, with PVA glue and sand sprinkled on top. Base coated and dry brushed, I cut out a stencil to get the road markings and dabbed paint on with a brush, it worked better than I thought it would. The only innovative thing I suppose is that they are double sided, if you look at the earlier post there are dirt roads which are the reverse of these tarmac roads.

Space and cost are at a premium.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 03:02:41 PM »
another nice write up.  great idea to have reversible roads - will be stealing borrowing that idea.  reaper makes a maid but it's definitely NSFW.