Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game  (Read 14162 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Board Game
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 05:49:10 PM »
The last couple of updates were interesting. All the thug tokens have been upgraded to miniatures (2 different models I think). The foot figures also got two more sculpts added, which is nice. I'd like to see more poses for the basic foot dudes though.

Still watching. The Works is almost starting to look like you're getting a decent amount for your money, but not quite there yet. There's plenty of time so hopefully it'll bulk up some more.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline hapotte

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 10:06:35 PM »
I'm still waiting for a gameplay video, I'm on the fence like you guys.

** Looks like the video is up **

-Hapotte

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
Kind of surprising too considering that Wizkids is also putting out some Turtle clix next month too.

Is there any confirmation of this?  I'd love to see the clix announcement.  I saw one preview shot donkey's ago and haven't heard anything since.

Like lots of folks, I threw money at this thing as soon as I saw it.  The box art had me, base your style and game on the comics and not the movies/cartoons and I'm yours!  I'm a much bigger fan of the original foot vibe than the IDW one, but hey are going to go with images from their own property I'm sure.

I hadn't second guessed myself until reading this thread, but you guys got me thinking.  If they were little guys who needed my money, I'd definitely stick with it.  But I'll keep an eye on it as I'm sure they might not miss my money when they are counting 100's of thousands. :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »
One of my regular gaming buddies plays / collects clix, and he's mentioned the Turtles set a few times. I believe it is coming out in March, but I have only seen one solicit / image for it, and that was back before Christmas.

I'm still in on the KS campaign, but am interested in seeing the clix Turtles too. Not that I need either of them...although I'm hoping for some usable sculpts for characters beyond Splinter and the Turtles.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »
...although I'm hoping for some usable sculpts for characters beyond Splinter and the Turtles.

That is what worries me about this KS project, all we've been shown are renders.  I really want to see actual miniatures to see how those renders will look in the material they are going to provide.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »
The details on the renders shown in the IDW campaign are rather soft in my opinion. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the detail on the manufactured product is much better than a standard gaming meeple. I have no facts to base this guess on, other than the renders shown.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
They are seriously missing a trick with the soft details on the 3d sculpts. Even looking at the mousers and there is so much missing from them that is on the drawing next to them :/

These new stretch goals are pretty poor. Thankfully they have annouced they will be EU friendly :)

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »
The details on the renders shown in the IDW campaign are rather soft in my opinion. I'd be pleasantly surprised if the detail on the manufactured product is much better than a standard gaming meeple. I have no facts to base this guess on, other than the renders shown.

Now that I've had time to cool off my initial backer-excitement, I'm seriously considering cancelling my pledge, for this exact reason. I was in it for the minis, but every sculpt has been underwhelming to my mind. The more I look at the four basic Turtles - the main reason I backed - the less I liked them. And I ain't upgrading to The Works just to get better sculpts of things that should be in the core box from the get-go.

Yep... I think I'm talking myself out of this KS. But I'll wait for a few days to see what gets added. I got an Early Bird and don't want to change my mind later!  lol

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »
The heroclix are just as good if not better and the box set will be a lot cheaper.

Im waiting until the last few days as well, as a lot of folk are making the same noises but im not sure the developers will take on board what they are saying.

Id have assumed that with them being 3d sculpts, then you can go a little more on the detail. You just have to look at what Crooked dice are having commissioned to see that it can be done and they won't be making the same money these guys will.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »
$60 for 4 figures?  Simply, no.   lol

$441,574
pledged of $250,000 goal

Obviously I am in the minority on this...

The add ons are okay to nice but not pulling me in.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 06:13:04 PM »
I have to confess that I'd be happy with the heroclix turtles, but and waiting to see more on the game play. However, I've largely stayed out of the comments section on the campaign. Of all the campaigns I've supported, I've never seen one with a whinier group of entitled whiners than this one. Most of it seems to be focused around how the people who pledge for "The Works" are getting more stuff than the base pledge...shock.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
I'm thinking they have a point, to a certain extent. When the game is about Ninja Turtles, but the only way to get decent sculpts is by pledging for the Works, that rings alarm bells to me. The base game should have cool Turtles sculpts. It doesn't. Likewise, when essential (in my mind) minis like Splinter are 'Works only', I start to wonder just how good a set the base game will be.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 05:31:54 PM »
Whether the sculpts in the core pledge are 'decent' is up to the individual. You do get a set of turtles.

Having seen some of the figures from the heroclix range though...I think those hit the spot a lot better for me, having grown up on the 80s cartoon. I want that Krang!

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 06:01:25 PM »
Whether the sculpts in the core pledge are 'decent' is up to the individual. You do get a set of turtles.

Having seen some of the figures from the heroclix range though...I think those hit the spot a lot better for me, having grown up on the 80s cartoon. I want that Krang!

Actually that's better put than my post. The ones in the base set don't resemble the Turtles I grew up with. Also, when I bought the early bird, I made the assumption that the Splinter ally card would later become a mini, because he's so integral to the setting. So to find out it's Works only was a bit of a let down. Im looking at some of the minis you do get thinking "Who are these guys?"

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
Yeah I don't have a clue who Old Hob is.