Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690479
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shadowrun (ral partha) project, work in progress  (Read 4048 times)

Offline zacharyw

• Assistant
  • I spend too much #$@&! money on this hobby!
    • Middling Wars :Models:Terrain:Simulation:Catastrophe:
Re: Shadowrun (ral partha) project, work in progress
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
Thanks for the clarifications on basing. My (unsatisfactory) solution to try and normalize heights between the 20mm-28mm figure has been to put the integral base figures on the thin, flat  25mm bases from Wargames Factory painted to look like concrete, or on clear litko bases (though I don't think I like this look).  This also helps some of the smaller figures from tipping over on some of their tiny bases, but I think your solution makes more consistency.

The only issue is the scenery : because of the 25-28mm scale, it will take a lot of room, and time, to build enough terrain for interesting urban skirmish. But that's another story  lol

My solution for terrain for Shadowrun has been to mix some of the Plast Craft Infnity terrain kits (for near future) with Plasticville O Scale train kits (for modern) with some of the Dust Tactics and At-43 kits. As cyberpunk, Shadowrun is basically a postmodern mash of architecture and style, so it seems to work to give that "lived-in city of the past-and-future" feel. 

The Plasticville kits you can usually get broken or well-used for cheap on ebay (if you avoid the vintage/collectibles) and then convert them up nicely, and they scale well with the smaller  Shadowrun minis sizes too.
For shoddy photos and grandiloquent commentary on miniatures and toy soldiers, waste some time on:

https://middlingwars.wordpress.com

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »
Concerning scenery, as a scenery and terrain designer, I guess I have to make my own to keep a bit of credibility  lol The problem is to find some workshop time and workshop space for my own personal projects.

Plus the overall "theme" you choose is important. Do you go with a clean, hi-tech, corporate centre table or somewhere rundown and almost post apocalyptic in the Barrens. Or take a more generic Bladerunner style and take bits of both?

Wonderful variety of options with Shadowrun as if you are using the Tribal factions you can incorporate out of city scenarios too.

You're right, it can be played as a sprawl gang fight in the ghetto streets (think about combat zone or necromunda), a tactical espionnage mission in some high tech buildings (black ops rules for instance), some raids in the european wastelands (think about fallout1, using modern skirmish rules, like chain reaction for instance), and a lot of other setups !

Offline zacharyw

• Assistant
  • I spend too much #$@&! money on this hobby!
    • Middling Wars :Models:Terrain:Simulation:Catastrophe:
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 08:24:58 PM »
Concerning scenery, as a scenery and terrain designer, I guess I have to make my own to keep a bit of credibility 

Fair enough! Excited to see what you put together for it (in that distant future)...

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 10:01:25 PM »
Here's some progress on painting.

First figure is almost completed (except base) :

Other figures are at diferent stages of painting, but there is a lot of work remaining :

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »
Rich and gritty. Everything I remember Shadowrun to be.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 11:45:14 AM »
thank you !

I will probably rework the "non metallic" painting on the weapons, what is working on 15 or 20mm is a bit rough on bigger scale. But I will not go to far, it's not the purpose of this challenge, wich is still fast painting before anything (I'm already a week late, according to my theorical schedule).

If I want to paint all my shadowrun stuff before 2017, I have to speed up a bit !  lol