Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:27:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: MYTH: a years worth of painting  (Read 1734 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
MYTH: a years worth of painting
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
So I've backed the first Myth kickstarter.
And over a year ago I received my pledge and got painting.

It truely is a wonderful game. It really struck a cord with my gaming group, which consist more of RPG'ers the miniature gamers. The co-operative nature of the game really suits us.

The models are lovely. The material isn't great (restic) and some of the details are a bit soft, but nothing a paintbrush can't fix.
The sculpts a just great. There's some very outlandish models there ( most of them still waiting to be painted. Wait till I get out the elementals and cyclopses), with a very cartoony vibe, that I really dig.

So, on to what this year yielded me:

Grubbers. I've painted plenty of orcs in my time and wanted something different for these. Therefor I went for a really bright, cartoony green.

Muckers, the grubber captaints.

Orcneas, Master of Masters. The grubber boss. This one was a blast to paint.

The Grubber spawnpoint, front and back

Crawlers. These turnes out darker then I aimed, but I think it's for the best. Wasn't to keen on these models, but they really came to life during painting.

Crawler captains. Everyone needs some giant scorpions.

And their spawnpoint

The Terror with a 1.000 legs, crawler Boss. I love this one.

Undead. I painted these in one day. Not crazy about how they turned out. They didn't take drybrushing that well. Did get me in the painting mood again, though.

Undead Captains, Soulless. These I like. Love the contrast between the green smoke and red cloaks.
Maybe should've shaded the cloak with green instead of purple, but oh well...

Undead spawnpoint

Bones, one of my favourite models of the bunch. I just love this design.

On To the heroes:

Acolytes

Archers

Soldiers, The female is quite the conversion. She used to be a ferretlady. I gave her a new head, hair and some shiny boots. I got rid of her bodyhair and tail. Pretty pleased with the conversion.
The male had cartoony, spindly arms. I did like it, but prefered some more realistic looks, so I gave him some chainmail sleeves. A bit to thick, but from a distance it looks okay.

Apprentice (wizard). This is the first non caucasian model I ever painted. I think it turned out well

And the brigand rounds out my base game heroes, and production of the last years.

I had quite a productive year, painting almost a 100 models. They are really fun to paint, with the right ammount of detail to make them interesting, but not so much you get overwhelmed.
Which is good, because this is only half of my original pledge and the next kickstarter should arrive later this year.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: MYTH: a years worth of painting
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 05:56:15 PM »
Pretty cool.  Now the real question.  How many times have you played the game?  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:40:08 AM »
They all look extremely fine (even the undead).
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
:-* Great seeing them all together now bud; they look so much better painted than in their bare grey. Again; my hat off to you: you've painted almost the entire first KS worth of minis and that's no mean feat, especially with all the add-ons you had as well.

Still missing my trusty Spriggan though... ;)

Pretty cool.  Now the real question.  How many times have you played the game?  lol

Actually pretty often, as it has turned out to be our go-to game whenever a DM has to cancel his session, plus; it gets played regularly on other evenings too (or so I hear :D ).

I have to admit I still have to start on my own set, and the second KS is not that far off from being released too. And then there's my Mercs: Recon KS that will be arriving within the month... ::)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »
Great, simply great fun these models. Good, suiting paintjob too. Really dig the Myth miniature style  :D.
Leadhead

Offline Dilettante Gamer

• Scientist
    • The Dilettante Gamer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
Well done all down the line!!  ;)
With goodwill to all and malice towards none...

http://dilettantegamer.blogspot.com/

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »
Thanks all,

It did feel like a productive year, but then I need to be with the second kickstarter arriving this year (if all things go according to plan, which, concerning kickstarter...)

Pretty cool.  Now the real question.  How many times have you played the game?  Laugh
Considering the money I've put into it; not as often as I'd like. But that counts for most of my games.