Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle on page 3  (Read 10472 times)

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: Dwarven Stairs
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
Keeps getting better and better.
Love the stairs and column.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: Some Orcs
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »
Slow progression, painted a few Orcs and began to write the rules. It was previously planned to use cards for attack and defense with three different moves, but the first test was just not satisfying and I discarded the combat cards. Characters will have stats for Force (combat) Agility (shooting, stealth) Intelligence (detection of stealthy figures) Movement. These stats have a dice each (d4 to d12), and each character have two gauges for Health and Endurance.
Characters are equipped with weapon and armour cards, and combat is the result of the Force dice + weapon damage, against Agility dice + armour card(s). The difference of the result in favour of the attacker give the number of health points lost on the defender gauge. Each weapon use an amount of endurance point that lower the gauge. Further playtest and rule writing the next days/week.

Well, enough blabla. Time for picture.

Orcs are a common encounter in Schneerim: Robusts and happy highlanders living in an hostile environment, playing ball games with rocks and trunks, and greeting you with a nice smile

Best regards

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: Rules testing
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
After a break, work continue on Schneerim. Basic rules written (some word badly written and hard to read  ;D ).
Put some scenery on the table, some LED projectors for an unmatched ambiance, Skyrim musics for more epicness and PLAY.... re-read basic rules written, cross out those ideas and re-write and PLAY again. A complete terrain was set, but the game was stopped after only two encounters. Must redo the cards. And re-do the core rules....
Not a great battle report, maybe just some eyes candy pictures.

The terrain:

Cards setup

A giant waiting for a lost traveller, at night

The same giant, in daylight

An alchemist selling overly priced Health and Stamina potions

The hero - a thief, at the ready for his quest

Some stealth shot with a bow wipe out guards of the Surstroemcloack faction

But Mah Goths the Magos is a treat for the thief. Some good and sharp steel help Mah Goths to sleep with the worms.

Hope you like it  ;)

Cheers

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: First test run, page 3
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
Love the pictures. Very atmospheric.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: First test run, page 3
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 09:41:59 AM »
Interesting work so far! Being a 15mm lover myself i'm always happy to see people working in this splendid scale too! ^^

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: Dwarves of Zu-rich
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
Just painted some dwarves of Zu-rich, the terror of the Empire. They are known to be fine craftsmen of precision mechanism and feared crossbow sharpshooters. Legend Tell  :D the story of a dwarf killing a worm in an apple at three hundred foot of distance, but witnesses says that the apple was only a few meters away on another drunken dwarf's head. The only certainty in this story is the worm, cut in half by the arrow.
One of the most glorious battle of Zu-rich dwarves is Mortgarden, a path between a lake and high mountains. The Empire sent a legion of his bravest soldier proudly marching to victory until those filthy small people throw a bunch of tree at them, crushing the Empire's dream of conquest (and the soldiers too).

A berserker, cutting a tree under the strong disapproval of a squirrel

Some proud small people

Best regards

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »
I had the idea to build a castle in 15mm some years ago and made made a few sketches, modular architecture and individual polystyrene "stones" glued together. Rivers flows under the bridges and the castle sketches take dust. Days on Earth have only 24 hours and there was some more important work to do. Until I discover 3D printers.

Cheap 3d printer. Too much pain and tribulations.I should have wait and take a better tool.  But the result is acceptable, at 2 meters from the table. Printed and painted a small castle in two weeks. Next step: Carcassone!!!!!!! I plan to print a complete walled city, if the printer lives long enough....

Best regards

Offline Bodvoc

• Librarian
    • The War Crow
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle on page 3
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »
Wow, that is excellent, I look forward to seeing it with figures on.
'If I throw a 6 I will do my happy dance.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
But the result is acceptable, at 2 meters from the table.

Do you have some closer pics? :)

Online manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 12:18:28 AM »
 That does look nice.

It would be good to see the printed pieces unpainted.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 02:23:31 AM »
But the result is acceptable, at 2 meters from the table.

It doesn't look too bad from here, either! :-*

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 05:22:19 PM »
At your request, some close shots. Printed at too much high speed. Technical informations on the print here: https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/2016/06/12/small-print-quality/

The tower, three parts and Barbarian for measure. Should have printed slower with thinner layers. But the rivets on the door are OK.

The window grate is failed, but can be quite good with higher quality settings

@manic-miner: sorry, I painted the castle before taking pictures. Printed with white and grey PLA. The actual prints are with black PLA and are just black blobs on a camera shot, difficult to see the detail even under a good light. I plan to buy only grey filament once the actual rolls are used. And try to use ABS, more difficult to print but can be smoothed with aceton. PLA can be smoothed with chloroform, so I went to the drugstore and asked for three liters. Aaaaah, the facial expression of the young lady   lol  ;D  lol , she must think I'm a serial kidnapper  o_o. Chlorid-methane based solvent can be used to smooth PLA but are very dangerous for the central nervous system, it's a case of health against quality.

Bonus picture: work in progress, the blacksmith

;)