Forum > Weird Wars

1946 German Kätzchen (Kitten) APC

<< < (6/6)

Wyrmalla:
The Rubicon kit's probably your cheapest option if you want a Katzchen. From a £20 kit you can make two vehicles, as you get two different sets of tracks. If you're scratchbuilding the interior and upper sections, it isn't that far a leap to make the other missing bits the kit doesn't provide duplicates of.

Munindk:
Not counting plasticard and miliput, thats almost halfprice of the shapeways model.

rabenga:
2 sets of tracks in the Rubicon kit?  Dammit!  I would have based my katzchen off the Rubicon base as I prefer 28mm, but the weren't released yet when I embarked on the build...1/48 Tamiya was all there was. And the heer 46 stuff at 1/100....

Ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: rabenga on June 07, 2018, 03:25:56 PM ---2 sets of tracks in the Rubicon kit?

--- End quote ---
Yup, always worth looking at their instructions page.
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=408.0

Wyrmalla:
As far as commercial 1/56th kits your options are scratch building, or the Heer 46 and JTFM models. Of them JTFM's the best, though the most expensive (and unless you're ordering through their UK retailer, may never turn up in the first place). Heer 46's meanwhile is the least detailed, and required a load of work out of the box to make it historically accurate (re: re: re: where's the damn engine!).

I'd probably say then buy one of the JTFM Katzchens, then make the others from the Rubicon kits copying its measurements. With my own I'd already made two without an actual Katzchen, and I wound up making them too tall. I have a third sitting about somewhere which is better, so that kit isn't as bad as how I made it look. Though you could go ahead and make another alt-history transport, like one based on the Panther (cancelled in favour of the Katzchen), Panzer IV, Puma, or 38 (d) (which I guess would make more sense seeing that for a period they were going to use that chassis for loads of things before it too was shelved).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version