Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:18:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691062
  • Total Topics: 118368
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Deathclaw Sculpt and Review of Bees Putty Polymer Clay  (Read 7291 times)

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
Re: Deathclaw Sculpt and Review of Bees Putty Polymer Clay
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
Even with what you mention I think I would still prefer it to what's out there at the moment.

Now then, do you think it would be suitable for metal casting? Sounds like a 'probably not'  ???

cheers

James

Hi James

No it is NOT directly useable to make rotary Silikon Forms for Casting. But in Times while more and more Miniatures come out of the printer, the most casters I know making Resinmaster either.

@Connectamabob
I can´t affirm your Experiences after baking. My Material is really hard and has good abillities to scrap with a sharp knife. I´ve really to take a great pressure on my Fingernail to do some markings on the surface. Thats for the Plastic firm. Summerfirm and Summerfirm xtra are still packed on my desk and awaiting their testing. But the message from studioworX was, the new formulas are a bit more waxy while sculpting and cure more hard. I will give this a try and post my results here.

My expierences with the material is, that baking is a very critical process. You need to hit the right temperature to achive the best results. To high Temperature makes it brittle with a blind surface finish. To low makes it to weak. A second baking didn`t fix those problems in my case. I even found a difference while baking it in the oven with upper and lower heat, or incl. Hot Air circulation. The Hot Air variant brings much better results!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:15:36 AM by DELTADOG »

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
Hi James

No it is NOT directly useable to make rotary Silikon Forms for Casting. But in Times while more and more Miniatures come out of the printer, the most casters I know making Resinmaster either.

I didn't think so but thanks for confirming  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
Thanks for answering a question that I could not find on the internets.  I picked up four packs of this stiff around Christmas and have been enjoying it ever since.  My observations are that when heated (by rolling with fingers) it has a consistency of modeling clay.  Once it cools off back to room temperature it is firm and does take some effort to smooth and work.   For the baking, I followed my old sculpy rout.  That is baking at a lower temperature for twice the time.  I ran at 90 C for about an hour.  The material setup and on small parts was as flexible as cured green stuff.  Again my tests were on small parts.  Saying all of that, I really like this stuff.  I started modeling with Plasticine and am still most comfortable with that medium.  Bees is vary similar.  My two cents.  I would suggest that if you want to try it out go for it.  By the way.  I like his tools too.  I picked up one of his hand made tools and his fur/chain mail tool.  They are well made and actually quite useful. 
Snitchy sends.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com