Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691096
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I'm Calling You Out!!!  (Read 1656 times)

Offline joechuck

• Student
  • I've got too much time on my hands. -Styx
I'm Calling You Out!!!
« on: March 14, 2016, 02:04:22 AM »
This was just a random idea that I tried to flesh out today, but it still needs some work. I really would like some feedback. Thanks!

The Wizard Duel

If an enemy wizard is in LoS of your wizard and within 12 inches, you may challenge them to a wizard’s duel.

If the enemy wizard accepts the challenge, both wizards roll Will. The wizard with the higher result has taunted his/her opponent more effectively and all figures (except the wizard) in the winning wizard’s warband receive a +1 to Fight and Speed until the end of the Wizard Duel.

If the enemy wizard declines the challenge, both wizards roll Will. If the wizard that was challenged rolls lower, all figures (including the wizard) in his/her warband  are demoralized and suffer -1 to Fight and Speed for the rest of battle.

Rules of The Wizard Duel:

No group activation during the Wizard Phase.

The wizards must move towards no another until they are at least 6 inches from one another.

Weapons are not allowed unless the wizard has cast a spell to enchant them himself.

No other figures can attack these wizard, except for wandering creatures.

The winning wizard may choose to either learn one spell from the loser's spell-list or pilfer the loser's body for one item.

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
Re: I'm Calling You Out!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »
Nice if you have a fireball wielding Elementalist, less fun for a bookish Sigilist.

Offline CthulhuPunk

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:13:22 AM »
I think these would make an excellent set of rules for a specific multi-player scenario, but think they would be far too a usable for a normal game. The -1 modifiers you could pick up for the rest of the game seems very harsh, even assuming they are not stackable. Stopping someone's group activation by challenging is another harsh one!

If this was a present option for all games it would result in only specific wizard builds & options being used & would probably overtake any current strategic thinking and fundamentally change the game. But then, that is also why you could make such a good one-off scenario around this, maybe as a conclusion to a campaign that allows your wizards to pimp-up along the way? I still think 3+ players would make this a good game...
Follow more witterings on Twitter: @CthulhuPunk

Offline joechuck

• Student
  • I've got too much time on my hands. -Styx
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
I thought some of the same things as I typed it out. I'll do some revisions and post later tonight. Basically turn into a one-off wizard battle royale that can be suggested for the end of a campaign.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:59:22 PM by joechuck »