Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What (hobby-related project) are you doing over the holidays?  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: What (hobby-related project) are you doing over the holidays?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
Latest reports say that the SMS Elke has limped into the Ufifi delta in German Central Africa. I'm currently working on covering her with camouflage netting (on frames that lift off) to make things a bit more sporting when the RNAS come to try and drop bombs on her, and spot the fall of shot for the brave lads on the monitor HMS Wye, and the gunboats HMS Venus and HMS Serena.

So I'll probably be doing some more of that. Also the usual toiling away at the rank and file from various theatres of the Great War.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
For me right now, it's all about the Daleks. I have a half-finished conversion of a red Supreme Dalek from the end of the last series of Who, and it would be great if I could get that finished. Oh, and a Captain Jack conversion from an Artizan Thrilling Tales mini. So for me right now, it's actually all about the green stuff...

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
I am recovering from some rather unexpected surgery, and today is the first day I would trust myself with a paintbrush.  Do whatever you have to do to avoid staph infections, trust me on this!

I decided to finish off my WSD Khang and his troopers, the troopers are all but finished, but I started on "Ming" this morning, and I think he is looking pretty good.  Once I get him finished and them all sealed up I will post some pictures, I think they look pretty darn good.

After that...hell...I don't know, I might do some stuff for my BA/Hyborian project or maybe some old Parroom station martians to have more sci-fi options.

Ryan

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:19 PM »
Old West items completed: 9 buildings & 7 lawmen/citizens
Old West items to complete: 8 more miniatures, a restaurant, my corral fences, a couple of back yards, and some random smaller terrain items.

Actually, I've taken a week's vacation leave during the first week of January for pure relaxation and geeking.  I can't wait!

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
10 cultist. A vampire and some of his minions.  I need to finish a squad of Friekorps I started about a month ago and also some random terrain stuff. 

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2008, 02:31:23 AM »
Hopefully finish the 15 last dwarves from the battle for skull pass kit (before xmas eve)
hopefully finish a squad of space marines, work on my land raider, space marine attack bike.

Maybe work on my zombie horde and my kill team!

Offline zebcook

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2008, 04:26:44 AM »
Well,

I'd love to finish the VSF airship I've been building, paint a couple of steam conveyances, finish a Forge World watchtower, and crack into the fine Victorian buildings that are waiting me under the tree.

But knowing me, I'll get distracted by something else entirely and not get a whit done on any of it.

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
Latest reports say that the SMS Elke has limped into the Ufifi delta in German Central Africa. I'm currently working on covering her with camouflage netting (on frames that lift off) to make things a bit more sporting when the RNAS come to try and drop bombs on her, and spot the fall of shot for the brave lads on the monitor HMS Wye, and the gunboats HMS Venus and HMS Serena.

So I'll probably be doing some more of that. Also the usual toiling away at the rank and file from various theatres of the Great War.

I can't wait to see it!!!! It sounds magnificent.
argsilverson

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 06:00:45 PM »
Hope to finish another dozen or so of Falangists including an HMG team.
Must finish a little LOTR diorama as a present.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline The Black Rider

• Librarian
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 06:16:02 PM »
I must finish the last of my old west figures i have left to paint! They will not gather dust for another year!

I just finished my entry to the Christmas painting competition but i am not too happy on the model i choose! :( If we do one next year I will have to think a little better on my choice of mini!

I don't think I will be getting anything lead related this Christmas unfortunately :'( so i guess i shall have to think of a new project to play with in the new year! :D

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »
I had a snow day today so I painted up a few pieces of wild west terrain that I found under a pile of othe items on my paint table, plus four 3" ornamants for Christmas gifts. A good day since I was expecting to go into work!!
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 05:48:11 AM »
Here's what I've got in the works:

http://4sparta.blogspot.com/

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Unforgiven

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 01:57:27 AM »
Today I actually got some work done on my kill team :)
Will post up pics when they are done!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »
Well, I HOPED to get my Pulp scenario totally finished, but my kids both got sick while we were at my in-laws, and we had to stay a couple of days more than expected (not to have a couple of kids barfing all over the inside of the car while driving home...).

So far I've managed to finish a couple of things for it, and I now primarily need to finish painting some encounter-markers.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
I have nearly got 24 coquast French militia painted, boy they are hard work after painting fantasy stuff