Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Questions re: Middle earth 25mm lead figurines.  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Re: (SALE) Questions re: Middle earth 25mm lead figurines.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »
Certainly brings back memories. I have just about all of those figures as a kid, but not in the same quantity.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 05:53:16 PM »
Great site for Minifigs is the Lost Minis WIKI, I spend far too much time updating pics etc on there....

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Category:Minifigs

If you have any of the Sword & Sorcery range I would certainly be interested. That came after the ME range. Lovely collection you have there.

Offline John Marshall

• Schoolboy
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »
:-*

Absolutely lovely collection, shame to break it up.
I recall many hours spent at the after-school games club fighting battles with armies like that in the early-mid 1970s. I really regret parting with mine.
They still have a charm and style that I like even now.

Thanks and you are right it would be a shame, in my origianl post it was only a "may' if they are worth anything reasonable.  These figures represent a time in my life when i didn't have parents and they sort of kept me sane, I used to ride my pushbike about 20 km to the guys house who sold them from his study then bring them home to paint. I then mad a set of rules and did a lot of wargaming with them  :D   Admittedly they aren't the best quality but it was the 70's and my paint jobs could have been better, i'm going to go with'but it was the 70's ' again lol. I reckon i would regret selling them too, i've carted them around with me for about 40 years now and i'm still a Tolkien fan after all.

Offline John Marshall

• Schoolboy
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »
Great site for Minifigs is the Lost Minis WIKI, I spend far too much time updating pics etc on there....

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Category:Minifigs

If you have any of the Sword & Sorcery range I would certainly be interested. That came after the ME range. Lovely collection you have there.

Great link thanks, i had forgotten about a lot of those figures. sorry I only collected the Tolkien stuff but did have the ho scale Airfix plastic ones which were great, collected Napolionic, Romans, Britons, British Eighth Army in partic.     
Now i'm getting all nostalgic and am thinking i should enlarge my collection not reduce it, so if anyone has any Minifigs, Mythical Earth, LOTR figures in this range that they would like to sell me let me know  :D :-*

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 03:18:42 AM »
Minifigs themselves have re-released 2 from the ME range along with a few SS in the Classic Fantasy here;

http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=3&CategoryID=35

Dave keeps promising more and nothing happens for a while then a few more slip in unannounced!

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »
Have you seen the mountain of Minifigs moulds that Dave has?
Not surprised figures randomly appear, it could take someone a decade to sort through that lot.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »
Have you seen the mountain of Minifigs moulds that Dave has?
Not surprised figures randomly appear, it could take someone a decade to sort through that lot.

lol
Must be like a kid at Christmas, not knowing which one to open next.
I do wish the re-releases were cheaper though. Several times I have looked at the "Matthews"esque goblins and got as far as the cart before baulking at the prices and cancelling. Just too much for impulse buys.

Offline John Marshall

• Schoolboy
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:50 AM »
Thanks for all the info guys, against my better judgement and of course a trip down memory lane , I have now ordered 21more figures from Dave at Minifigs and also a few from DNDLand in the states!  I hate to think where this will lead me  ;D.   
Would be nice to find a few wargs somewhere, i have three mounted goblins on oversized horses!

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 12:35:23 PM »
Minifigs.

And I'd like to buy the lot, quite frankly.
If you intend to bugger about in the time stream, dress accordingly!

Conflict In Colour - Knocking out painted armies for the connoisseur since about 8AM.