Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:03:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Genestealer Cult Limo 2 - the Ramshackle one: build update pics 20/03  (Read 8604 times)

Offline Dezmond

• Scientist
Re: Genestealer Cult Limo 2 - the Ramshackle one
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »
How about a cross between a popemobile and a guild navigators roller tank?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
It's the controller and battery box from an old Tamiya tank kit.

Why not use that as a roof to the resin part you ordered?
Just make a section that fits between the two, with armoured windows in, and you are away.
 ;)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
Why not use that as a roof to the resin part you ordered?
Just make a section that fits between the two, with armoured windows in, and you are away.
 ;)

It's a good idea, and looks a bit like a luxury stretch Buffel

Bit higher than I palled, though.
Hmmm....

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 08:12:27 PM »
Hmmm, no, not a bus, although it IS going to be big - and I think he'd eat a removals van rather than travel in it.
I still can't see him squeezing in my monstrosity, though - not unless he slides in sideways or travels reclined or prone!  :D

I stopped worrying about such things in my 40K games when I realised that ten space marines can cram in to the back of one of these

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 09:28:31 PM »
I stopped worrying about such things in my 40K games when I realised that ten space marines can cram in to the back of one of these

'course they fit, that's what the warp is for.... :D

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »
What I meant about its use was: does the Patriarch ride it? Because if he does, it would have to bulge for him to fit!

Since Genestealers owe a thing or two to Giger's Aliens, I always figured that whilst they're big and fast, they can also curl up and squeeze into the smallest spaces, just like those Xenomorphs. So a Patriarch would be big, but still a Genestealer and as such, would retain this ability and would maybe ride around all curled up in a foetal position, since he communicates with his brood almost exclusively through psychic means anyway.

Oh, and does anyone have any ideas for a matriarch figure?

The Patriarch is only called that because of the (usually) patriarchal society of the Imperium. He It spreads it's genes through use of its ovipostor, and not through sexual means. So, there actually is no matriarch. The further generations (bar the 5th, which is Purestrain again) does procreate through 'traditional' means though, be that sexually (Humans, Eldar),  through spores (Orks) or other means.

I could imagine a Patriarch being called an 'Brain Boy' by an Ork Brood for example.

However; there is no reason why a matriarchal society would not have a Matriarch instead. Or both for that matter.

But since the Patriarch started out as a Purestrain Genestealer, a possible Matriarch would not look any different...

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
Yep pretty much. Of course given the wide range of technology across the Imperium the cult limo doesn't actually have to be a combustion engine vehicle a horse (or other alien beast) and carriage or even one of these wouldn't be out of place IMO

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/319504-rogue-traders-vault-deathwing/
Seen this other day ,scroll down page and it's there,reminds me of alms for the poor,lol
I thought about a carriage pulled by exotic beasts of burden I reckon a vampire counts coach would make good base model.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2016, 07:25:27 AM »
Seen this other day ,scroll down page and it's there,reminds me of alms for the poor,lol
I thought about a carriage pulled by exotic beasts of burden I reckon a vampire counts coach would make good base model.

I'd forgotten about that pic - I need to drag out my old Space Hulk rules  :D

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 07:30:57 AM »
Since Genestealers owe a thing or two to Giger's Aliens, I always figured that whilst they're big and fast, they can also curl up and squeeze into the smallest spaces, just like those Xenomorphs. So a Patriarch would be big, but still a Genestealer and as such, would retain this ability and would maybe ride around all curled up in a foetal position, since he communicates with his brood almost exclusively through psychic means anyway.

The Patriarch is only called that because of the (usually) patriarchal society of the Imperium. He It spreads it's genes through use of its ovipostor, and not through sexual means. So, there actually is no matriarch. The further generations (bar the 5th, which is Purestrain again) does procreate through 'traditional' means though, be that sexually (Humans, Eldar),  through spores (Orks) or other means.

I could imagine a Patriarch being called an 'Brain Boy' by an Ork Brood for example.

However; there is no reason why a matriarchal society would not have a Matriarch instead. Or both for that matter.

But since the Patriarch started out as a Purestrain Genestealer, a possible Matriarch would not look any different...

Hmm...thoughts of alien queen type stuff - if anything she seemed tougher than the patriarch models (or at least the old ones, which I still prefer to the new one).

Shoehorning the P/Matriarch in the limo: interesting ideas, also leading back to the guild navigator tank idea mentioned above....
Thanks for the insight. 8)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »

Westwinds Empire of the Dead Victorian horror range has some nice models that could work

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2016, 07:48:37 AM »
Hmm...thoughts of alien queen type stuff - if anything she seemed tougher than the patriarch models (or at least the old ones, which I still prefer to the new one).

Shoehorning the P/Matriarch in the limo: interesting ideas, also leading back to the guild navigator tank idea mentioned above....
Thanks for the insight. 8)

Putting your big limo and the Guild tank together I'm now imagine something like this

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
First the limo; the coach or sedan chair will have to wait!
That train carriage looks fascinating - I might have to do one of those for the cult. AFTER the limo and sedan....

Meanwhile, a few old 'friends' of the cult will be joining them in this extended* project- tyranids and a motley assortment of imperial types out for their blood.

*doomed to fail.

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »
Westwinds Empire of the Dead Victorian horror range has some nice models that could work

Yes those was the ones I was thinking of decent price an easier to paint than a certain other companies offerings.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 01:19:44 PM »

:D 8)

Yep! Tyranids, like orks, aren't male or female, despite monikers like patriarch, boyz, or norn queens. They're 'just'... nids and orks.

I like the image of a... ahem... patriarch spending most of it's time curled up like some Cthulhu statue, sending out it's thoughts. And then, 'coming out of the walls'. (It's been mentioned that the pose of this new patriarch matches the curled-worm genestealer cult symbol pretty well too. You could say patriarchs become used to that coiled state as they grow)

I think the use of a coach or sedan chair (or japanese palanquin?) depending on local tech and culture is an interesting one, though I wonder how it'd fare when the PDF or IG turn grenades, heavy bolters, and leman russ tanks on it. That's the general uncertainty I have about limos, even armoured limos - they're more for driving out of firefights, not into them.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Nice, are you going for the stretch hummer limo look?
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'