Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:18:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle in Bed: Coughalot page 2  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Battle in Bed: World Wide Wargh
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
(But don't be afraid, no one is going to wish you to have to stay in bed, as this would be too selfish. No, honestly. Trust me...)
  ::)

I must say that I've never played like that before. No time for that. All these minis to paint, those scenery to build, rules to read before learning them....  :D

Cheers

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Battle in Bed: Coughalot, page 2
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »
Always sick. I had made some terrain board intended for small size figures (10mm) some years ago. As I’m too sick to use rulers and count fractions of millimetres, those boards were obviously the right choice for a bed-top wargame.

Rule used: D’Estoc & de Taille, written in filthy french (and more filthy english) and intended to be played with highly detailed miniatures wonderfully painted but too big for the board. Some 15mm minis can do the work. For those interested and enough foolhardy, those home rules are here: https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/category/med-fan/

Once upon a time in the land of Coughalot…

Game preparation, characters sheets and custom dices. Four boards of 20x20cm are assembled.

The Goods, from left to right: Tartarin – Soldier, Homlet du Fromage – Knight, Marcel la Poisse – Sergeant

the Bads: Chakracrap – Sergeant, Karmabad – Knight, Alkolseltzer – Soldier

First fight. Chakracrap fails his attack against Homlet, who respond instantly with a strike to Chakracrap’s head

Chakracrap lose check one box on his head, one box on his Courage gauge, and lose one point in Attack and Defense

Karmabad come to the rescue and give a very strong sweep with his sword: Homlet du Fromage screams, his left arm deeply cutted

Homlet check three boxes on his left arm, his Defense is reduced from 12 to 9. A such of painful wound hurt his determination and his Courage gauge take three checks!

Next round. Marcel la Poisse attack Karmabad, hoping to help his master, but fail his attack test. Karmabad quickly retaliate and kill Marcel la Poisse.

One more round. Karmabad hurt Homlet a little. To the head.

The Attack and Defense are lowering, the Courage gauge is almost fully checked. Homlet du Fromage is baked!

Homlet du Fromage bravely flee from the battlefield, followed by Tartarin

but Alkolseltzer chase the courageous knight for a stroke in the back, but he fail his test of le Nom: Homlet du Fromage renown scares the sergeant who cannot fight.

Tartarin make a last stand to help the escape of his master, he is wounded at the torso

Karmabad and his bad guys laughs at Homlet, they won the battle!

Funnier to play than telling the report.
Hope you like it

Cheers

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
Re: Battle in Bed: Coughalot page 2
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
Best names ever  lol

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Re: Battle in Bed: Coughalot page 2
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Love your dry tongue firmly in cheek comments - great looking game and thank you for the link to the rules. Bows and crossbows weapons of cowards - indeed. You seem to be getting more games played in bed then many of us get out of bed. So I think its off to bed with me...