Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:04:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Medieval Russian City Militia by Fire Forge  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Dalauppror

• Mastermind
  • www.dalauppror.blogspot.com
    • Dalauppror Wargamingblog
Medieval Russian City Militia by Fire Forge
« on: March 24, 2016, 08:00:18 PM »

Hi

The easter bunny have been here today already, but not with candy in the egg this year but som up-comming minis from FireForge games.

I got one pack each of their new medieval Russian City Militia with Bow and Spears casted in resine that will be released at Salute 2016 and are up for pre-order at the Fire Forege website. You can find some close-up pictures of the minis at my blog.

I hope you all will have a good easter weekend !

best regards Michael

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
Re: Medieval Russian City Militia by Fire Forge
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:56 AM »
They look great, and potentially very useful for Frostgrave or Mordheim style stuff too. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:00:38 AM »
Finally someone did some nice medieval Russians. Like that.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:25:10 AM »
These do look very nice... The heads and shields alone are worth the price of entry.
Fireforge's miniatures seem to be getting better and better - unfortunately as they are turning more and more of their production over to resin :(

Not quite sure what Fireforge's strategy is now... This lot would have made a perfect and wonderfully versatile plastic boxed set, being suitably generic to be useful for a myriad of things from Dark Ages to Late medieval. But they're producing them in resin. Conversely, they have an armoured Medieval Russian infantry set slated to be produced in plastic, which is a much more period-specific, niche product, and I can't help thinking will sell much less well. Odd...

Nonetheless, these will be extremely useful for my Game of Thrones project, so I'll definitely grab them at Salute.
Will just have to be VERY careful never to drop one on the table top!  ::)

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »
These do look very nice... The heads and shields alone are worth the price of entry.
Fireforge's miniatures seem to be getting better and better - unfortunately as they are turning more and more of their production over to resin :(

Not quite sure what Fireforge's strategy is now... This lot would have made a perfect and wonderfully versatile plastic boxed set, being suitably generic to be useful for a myriad of things from Dark Ages to Late medieval. But they're producing them in resin. Conversely, they have an armoured Medieval Russian infantry set slated to be produced in plastic, which is a much more period-specific, niche product, and I can't help thinking will sell much less well. Odd...

Nonetheless, these will be extremely useful for my Game of Thrones project, so I'll definitely grab them at Salute.
Will just have to be VERY careful never to drop one on the table top!  ::)

Don't worry Captain, we have also many new plastic projects ready to go ;), but until june there is space only for Russians

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
Don't worry Captain, we have also many new plastic projects ready to go ;), but until june there is space only for Russians

Thank you. Good to know  :)
Any hints as to what plastic sets you have plans for next?

Did you consider producing these city militia figures as a plastic set? As I say, they would seem to offer more potential for all sorts of Dark Age and medieval uses, than the armoured Russian infantry? (Although they do look very nice too).

It would just be interesting to know how you decide between what to produce in plastic and what to produce in resin.

Offline Lord Ekard

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 04:35:30 PM »
Thank you. Good to know  :)
Any hints as to what plastic sets you have plans for next?

I'm sorry but i can't.

Did you consider producing these city militia figures as a plastic set? As I say, they would seem to offer more potential for all sorts of Dark Age and medieval uses, than the armoured Russian infantry? (Although they do look very nice too).

It would just be interesting to know how you decide between what to produce in plastic and what to produce in resin.

The plastic production is really expensive, we do a plastic set when we think that this set will be sold really a lot.
However making a resin code/plastic code doesn't avoid us to release in future plastic/resin code of an old product (this means that if resin city militia will sell too much for our production, we can study a box of city militia with new bodies new heads and weapons to add to this range)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »
Thank you :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 05:42:10 PM »
They look pretty good.  I agree with Captain Blood, these type of simpler basic sets are ones which sell pretty darn well from what I've seen.  A lot of people would pick up these as plastics for Frostgrave, generic historic periods etc.  Personally I won't buy a product like that in resin, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the plastic knights.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 11:29:33 PM »
Ironically enough, one of the stretch goals on the ForgeStarter was this kit as a plastic boxed set. Never got near that particular stretch goal, though. I'm looking forward to getting my ForgeStarter order, though.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »

Good looking figures.

Look forward to seeing them painted.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
I don't know about some of the Fireforge stuff. The poses seem a little 'fantasy' at times.

Of course, this is just my opinion- I do like some of their Western European stuff.

Darrell.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »
I agree...luckily I mainly use them for fantasy settings!  lol  They're definitely a bit dynamic, possibly too much so for marching armies etc.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 05:53:13 AM »
Well, poses are a matter of balance and taste. I tend to prefer models that are not marching with shouldered arms or standing too 'static', as I like my tropps to look as if they are actually responding to the threat of the enemies, especially when engaging in hand-to-hand or close combat.

FF models are very dynamic, that's true, and some could be preferred to be more 'at ready', than 'charging, but overall, I like them.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84