Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690840
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Daredevil TV Series  (Read 4566 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Daredevil TV Series
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:02 AM »
Any body else finished watching it? It's so good and for me personally is way above any of the Superhero/Comic tv series.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Daredevil TV Series
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »
Watching season 2 right now.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:24 AM »
I finished it at the weekend. I can't deal with not watching it now. I really hope they do a Punisher series. Some of his scenes are brutal.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
Watching the Season Two as well. Great show. Nice to see a hero regularly being beauten up :)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »
Wary of superhero tv shows, TBH, after watching a few lacklustre/hackneyed episodes of them. (Flash/Agents of Shield) And I don't get Netflix anyway...

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 12:34:12 PM »
Netflix are considering a Punisher series as well. Cracking TV defy not lacklustre at all.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 12:38:26 PM »
Wary of superhero tv shows, TBH, after watching a few lacklustre/hackneyed episodes of them. (Flash/Agents of Shield) And I don't get Netflix anyway...

Actually, imho, Netflix has the most interesting superhero tv shows (Daredevil, Jessica Jones). No trace of shining heroes at all, nice characters, good stories, very refreshing.

I gave up the Flash/Arrow/Agents of Shield/Super Girl after 1-2 episodes.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
Agents of shield got marginally better after half a season or so, at least it dealt with the infiltration by hydra a lot with the distrust and double dealing sides making everything tense. But it doesn't come close to anything from netflix. For those who don't know a luke cage series is on its way as well, though like doc said seeing the main hero loose and get beat up a lot is kinda good, not sure how that is going to work for luke.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:10 PM »

I would have agreed with you before i watched this. Ive tried most of the shows but always felt they lacked any sort of grit to them and pretty much gave up. With daredevil i couldn't stop watching them and watched them all within a week of starting. The fight scenes are great and story lines are very dark.

Is Jessica Jones any good?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »
Agents of shield got marginally better after half a season or so, at least it dealt with the infiltration by hydra a lot with the distrust and double dealing sides making everything tense. But it doesn't come close to anything from netflix. For those who don't know a luke cage series is on its way as well, though like doc said seeing the main hero loose and get beat up a lot is kinda good, not sure how that is going to work for luke.

Luke Cage series? That's nice. He's not quite invulnerable though, you know, Jessica was able to knock him out shooting in the head.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
Is Jessica Jones any good?

Yes, it's very good. But it takes some time for Jessica to win against the devil (Killgrave) and some innocent people are going to die first. My daugther and me loved the series, my wife left, she couldn't stand the tension any longer  :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »
Yes, it's very good. But it takes some time for Jessica to win against the devil (Killgrave) and some innocent people are going to die first. My daugther and me loved the series, my wife left, she couldn't stand the tension any longer  :D

I've heard a lot of people say they watch one episode a day, max. It gets pretty tense at at times it does feel like this guy can't be beat, unless somebody is willing to cross the line. Which is pretty high praise I'd say, mind control should be disturbing.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 01:19:08 PM »

I'll have to check it out :)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
I gave up the Flash/Arrow/Agents of Shield/Super Girl after 1-2 episodes.

I'll consider that a glowing review of Daredevil. :) But shining heroes and lack of grit I can deal with (after 3-4 seasons of GoT I'd welcome it) - it's the wangsting heroes trotting out trite soundbytes (I gave up on Supergirl halfway through the first trailer because of it; it was like Man of Steel in miniature) and oscillating between posturing growls and awkward whedonisms faster than an iHawk., that get me.

I guess I need to look at a netflix subscription, then.

Agents of shield got marginally better after half a season or so

Blimey, I tried watching it at the start of season three and couldn't stand it...

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »
Blimey, I tried watching it at the start of season three and couldn't stand it...

I said marginally.  :D