Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars Rogue one trailer  (Read 15110 times)

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Star Wars Rogue one trailer
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2016, 05:55:41 AM »
I think it looks brilliant, a slightly 'harder' side to Star Wars.

I just feel bad that the protagonist will have to go through he heartache of finding fake plans in the end, because as we all know it's Kyle Katarn who found the real ones  lol
Don't know this well enough in the SW universe. Where is it stated who recovers them for the Rebels?

Grimm

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2016, 07:58:46 AM »
That's a lot of cut-glass received pronunciation... The onward march of the posh actor has now entered the Star Wars universe...

The movie itself looks great though.

So basically, they're going to release a new Star Wars movie every year, but some of them are side stories rather than following the main plot and characters?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2016, 08:05:08 AM »
So basically, they're going to release a new Star Wars movie every year, but some of them are side stories rather than following the main plot and characters?

That's the one. There's talk of an Obi-Wan offshoot as well...

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2016, 08:12:26 AM »
I had heard there was supposed to be 10 films planned so far, including a Han Solo......eh solo ....film and a Boba Fett one.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2016, 08:13:02 AM »
I had heard there was supposed to be 10 films planned so far, including a Han Solo......eh solo ....film and a Boba Fett one.

Yeah! Bring it on  :D

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2016, 10:02:31 AM »
To be quite honest, I've found the Rebels cartoon to be an infinitely superior take on the Star Wars universe than TFA.

I second your opinion on REBELS being a very well made show. Although I donīt compare it to TFA - itīs too different and also set up 40 years apart from each other. I watched REBELS several times now and will do again - I really love it! Even if itīs made for smaller children itīs still a joy for any adult SW nut to watch it. I am so keen on it that I even bought the Phantom/Ghost pack for X-Wing and really enjoy playing it with a lot of cinematic moments from that show in my head.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
To be quite honest, I've found the Rebels The show started off a little confused about how much it was going to be a kid's show - its predecessor The Clone Wars (the CGI one, not the excellent series of shorts by Genndy Tartakovsky), which I haven't watched, ...

Wait...what! Are you saying you have not watched the clone wars TV show? That was amazing especially the last three years Fram you have to watch it.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »
Looks awesome.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline julius1880

• Librarian
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2016, 05:34:04 PM »
I'm excited about the series.
"What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?\"
Frederick the Great

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 06:13:22 PM »
Wait...what! Are you saying you have not watched the clone wars TV show? That was amazing especially the last three years Fram you have to watch it.

Seconding this recommendation - the CGI Clone Wars series is excellent from series 2 onwards.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2016, 07:16:12 PM »
Well, I know Lucas wrote a lot of The Clone Wars (which is why, of all the previous EU material, it's still considered canon). Is Anakin a real character in it you can actually watch, or is he annoying or as poorly-written as he was in the prequels, something to be tolerated in an otherwise-good show?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »
It will be very interesting to see if any of the Star Wars Rebels cast make it into or are referred to in any way by Rogue One. I can't imagine there'll be no reference at all.

Also, I do hope that one of the Rebels involved in stealing the plans is a former Imperial named Kyle. Come on Disney, do this one for me.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »
It will be very interesting to see if any of the Star Wars Rebels cast make it into or are referred to in any way by Rogue One. I can't imagine there'll be no reference at all.

If there is one of either side, Iīd pick Agent Kallus and Hera Syndulla.

Offline Supercollider

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »
Well, I know Lucas wrote a lot of The Clone Wars (which is why, of all the previous EU material, it's still considered canon). Is Anakin a real character in it you can actually watch, or is he annoying or as poorly-written as he was in the prequels, something to be tolerated in an otherwise-good show?

He's a much more rounded character with believable motivations.  He makes decisions consistent with his character. He's not whiny at all.  

There are several other very well written characters in the series, Obi Wan really comes to life, Anakin also gets a great padawan, Ashoka Tano, who has grown to be one of my SW favorite characters. Asaajj Ventress is a super cool villain. Clones troopers are portrayed in a manner that breathes life into their endless ranks, there are several brilliant story arcs that involve them, and they have a couple of 'stars' of their own, recurring, strong characters. It's all way better than the prequels.

Of course, there are a few duff plot strands, characters, and poor (or WTF?) episodes - but on the whole it's a rewarding experience.

If you do watch it, I would recommend watching it in this order:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Rather than the broadcast order - early stories make a lot more sense.

Also (keeping more on topic) - This trailer has made me excited to see this film, looks like it could be a cracker!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2016, 12:08:19 AM »
To be quite honest, I've found the Rebels cartoon to be an infinitely superior take on the Star Wars universe than TFA.

I've just this minute flicked through my NowTV offerings, wishing not for the first time that I'd gone with Netflix or Amazon Prime instead, when I noticed the Star Wars section has gone from a handful of movies to include six seasons of CGI Clone Wars and two seasons of Rebels.

I'm feeling a little giddy.

(Was there a trailer or something...?)