Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690774
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kamor the Enchanter  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
  • "The only way to meet your equal, is to become it"
Kamor the Enchanter
« on: June 03, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
Hello.

This is a thread for any and all miniature fanatics. I am looking for the perfect miniature for my enchanter, but I can't, I'm too picky. I know I can easily modify it to make it PERFECT, but I have yet to find the right kind, so please help me find a miniature of this description:

-Cloaked and hooded, like a rogue
-A mask (I can just paint the face to appear like a mask)
-Metal/mechanical right arm? (I can add it)
-Left hand holding a sword (preferably rapier, but it doesn't matter too much) I can live without this one
-Not too buff looking, he is a wizard after all
-Casting a spell with his metal arm (or hand)

I understand there isn't a miniature out there of this exact description, but could some people aid me in looking for one? IF anything, it could be rather fun, I love threads with a series of miniatures in them, we get to see everyone's perspective and preferences.

Thank you,
Like Clockwork
I do hope you enjoyed reading whatever it is I have typed, I likely put some thought into it, and appreciate when others look into my brain and go, "Huh, okay"

Offline Timeshadow

• Scientist
Re: Kamor the Enchanter
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:02:49 PM »
Maby if you could find an full metal alchemist figure that should meet most if not all of your requirements though he might be a bit short.

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »
I did see an Edward Elric that would be the perfect pose, ironically he is a bit too large of a scale. I also would have to modify the crap out of him so he doesn't look like an anime character, but if I can find one of a 25mm scale, then I'd have a starting point.

Thank you,
Like Clockwork

Offline Stepman3

• Scientist
    • http://stepman3.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
Check out Reapers Chronoscope range. Im pretty sure they have a figure with the mechanical arm. Yo may have to add a cloak...Look at Dr. Bennett...trim the hat, get rid of the gun and add a hood...all easy to do...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:29:39 PM by Stepman3 »

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »
I would start with the Frostgrave Cultist Thief as a base for this. Hooded, cloaked and masked right off the get go. Swap the right arm and the left hand and you're good to go!
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 03:51:51 PM »
That's true, not big on the pose, but I could see it working if done correctly. I still need a good arm though. Will keep it in the back of my head in case I ultimately cannot find a "perfect" one.

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:54:43 PM by Thargor »

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 04:36:45 AM »
Both of those are very very nice, I like the second one more. It immediately screamed Kamor to me.

I would just like to say everyone, that this isn't a thread to resolve a problem. Even if I make a Kamor miniature, I would love to see more. I love looking at threads where people post miniatures of one subject, if it didn't already exist I'd have made one for Construct miniatures. Thank you for all the suggestions and posts, I will likely try one or two for my enchanter. But I always love to see more ^ ^

Thank you,
Like Clockwork
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:35:02 PM by Like_Clockwork »

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 10:11:21 AM »
Check out 'Hero Forge', you can design your own mini.
Its pricey but for a one off it could be worth it.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »
Oh, Hero Forge is a dangerous place for those of us who want their favorite literary heroes in miniature form. I stumbled across it and within a few hours I had designed most of the Eternal Champions and their companions, in addition to a few others from books I've liked that would never get produced in miniature form.

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 04:35:37 AM »
I looked at Hero Forge, and if I do use it to get my Kamor miniature that I want, I think I'll buy it in steel, so that it is least likely to break on me, but yeah, that is $35. But if I did, here he is, Kamor the Enchanter. (Let me know if the picture is not showing up for you. I don't know how to attatch images to replies)

Thank you,
Like Clockwork

Offline JohnDSD2

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
Looks good and glad you found it useful.
Very dangerous place but for a one off with specific design needs, its an option, an expensive option. Hopefully prices will come down, eventually and then we will all be making our own wizards!

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 11:16:50 PM »
I made Kamor the Enchanter, and it wasn't from the HeroForge website (thank you though for pointing it out, may be used in the future). I might change his hand still, but here. I used the Pathfinder mini, Mirror Man, and used a Heroclix mini for his hand.

Thank you,
LC