Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:03:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: HUGE thanks to the Warlords at Salute and the Excel staff!  (Read 1091 times)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
HUGE thanks to the Warlords at Salute and the Excel staff!
« on: April 17, 2016, 06:03:51 PM »
First of all let me congratulate the Warlords for continuing to improve Salute!

The queue this year was as impressive as ever but processed much faster than any of the almost 30 years I've been visiting this show.

I did have one heart-stopping experience though. Whilst talking to a few traders, my friend Catherine suddenly noticed that my caddy was gone. Since by that time I had been collecting most of my pre-orders, there must have been something like £900.00 GBP worth of figures and books in it, as well as my return trip train tickets.

Retraced my steps,although I was almost sure I had taken it with me to that last stop, but couldn't find it anywhere.

You know that sinking feeling you can sometimes get?
Dry mouth and fluttering heart?

At exactly the same moment a good friend of mine, Paul Hicks, met up with me and advised me to go to the Warlords info stand on the off chance someone had brought the caddy in.

The Warlords staff asked for a description and immediately warned the Excel security services. All very friendly and efficient.
Almost at the same time Catherine had already spoken with one of the security people who confirmed that a caddy had been brought in by a cleaning lady.

Security then took me to a small room adjacent to the show venue itself, and I'm sure you can imagine my relief when I saw my caddy standing there amongst at least a hundred other handbags, valises, caddy's, suitcases and plastic bags.

Now while I think that cleaning lady might have been a bit overzealous since I can't have been more than 6 feet away from my caddy I can appreciate the reason for removing what must have looked like an abandoned ( and possibly suspicious looking) object.
I'm from Belgium and we only recently had a taste of what neglecting security measures can bring.

Still, the overpowering feeling was gratitude that in the end everything turned out all-right and again I would like to thank not just the Warlords' but also the Excel staff for their friendly and professional way they handled this.

I fully plan to be back next year so don't be surprised to see a squat, grey moustachioed fellow walking about with a caddy that has a fine chain or dog leash running to his wrist.  ;)
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline greatescapegames

• Scientist
    • Great Escape Games
Re: HUGE thanks to the Warlords at Salute and the Excel staff!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 01:58:04 AM »
Lucky man! Jasmine at Great Escape Games was very, very pleased to meet you! And it was great to see you again, thanks for the presents!
Publisher of "Clash of Empires" Ancient and Medieval wargaming rules, and "Rules of Engagement", WW2 wargaming in 28mm, at www.greatescapegames.co.uk