Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zangali (a 28mm modern African Imagi-Nation)  (Read 13197 times)

Offline Seb76

• Assistant
  • Vive Zangali !
    • Zangali
Zangali (a 28mm modern African Imagi-Nation)
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »
Hello there, I've been lurking long enough and think it's time I show you guys what I'm working on.  I've been bitten by the African Imagi-Nation Bug and created "Zangali". I keep track of it by a Blog I've made and I invite you all to visit. I have created a background for the nation and wrote some biography pieces of some of the main characters that will feature in Zangali.

I'm currently finishing up all the scenery and first gaming table (Theme: "jungle") and I have painted up some figures 28mm. I have just received a lot more miniatures so soon I'll be playing the first few games.

The idea is to play all different kind of rule sets like Black ops, force on force, skirmish Sangin and OSC and adapt them to the "Africa theme" More explained on my blog..

Also on my blog I wil put news articles about everyday life in Zangali to let the place come to life so make so you visit the place regularly.

Now, I'm no native english speaker so if you spot any spelling errors or the like please let me know. I still have to pollish up the pages here and there but I have already put in a lot of hours.

I'm also very greatful for any sharing on other sites, Blogrolls and stuff like that and I'm always open for feedback.

So without any further ado... here's your ticket to Zangali http://zangali.blogspot.nl/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:38:50 PM by Seb76 »
Visit my Blog:

Offline JArgo

• Librarian
  • Hamburg, Germany
    • Der Inselaffe
Re: Zangali
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 08:27:04 PM »
As a potential future Imaginarian I salute you and look forward to reading more.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
Re: Zangali
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 08:29:31 PM »
Greetings from the supreme commander of Ukuechana armed forces. I hope our embassy is okay.  Nice little country/blog you have there and I hope to see more soon.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:43:46 AM by gimzod »

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Zangali (a 28mm modern African Imagi-Nation)
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
Great Blog- I have just spent a good while reading all about your beautiful country.

Greetings from the Democratic Republic of Zugando.

Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Seb76

• Assistant
  • Vive Zangali !
    • Zangali
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »
Great Blog- I have just spent a good while reading all about your beautiful country.

Greetings from the Democratic Republic of Zugando.

Thank's Rob! I have really enjoyed going through your Blog and that's why I have it on my blogroll and your "Zugando" has a small cameo roll on my blog. If you check the "People of Zangali" Biography page you'll find it there.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:56:31 AM »
The Federated Republic of Zubrowka sends it greetings! Along With a Gift from Mendl's Pastries.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Bushbaby

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »
Zangali looks like a very interesting place for a campaign. Well written history and background!

As far as I can see, it seems to be neighbouring to the West African Republic! Don´t be surprised if the Zingali borders are violated by fighters from the DLF (Democratic Liberation Front) or AMR (Army of Messiah Reborn) in the future....

I look forward to following your blog, but please post here as well!

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:33 AM »
Looking forward to seeing more of your figures, Seb. :D

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 01:03:35 PM »
Thank's Rob! I have really enjoyed going through your Blog and that's why I have it on my blogroll and your "Zugando" has a small cameo roll on my blog. If you check the "People of Zangali" Biography page you'll find it there.

I have just re-read it, more carefully this time, and I like the reference. Very cool.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 05:59:22 PM »
His excellency, President for Life, Bishop Moses Besqit, Saviour of the Nation of Morvalonga sends most cordial greetings.

Please visit our wonderful nation:
http://www.morvalearth.co.uk/Morvalonga/Morvalonga_Intro.htm

But do bring your bike!

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Seb76

• Assistant
  • Vive Zangali !
    • Zangali
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
Thank you all! I see my Zangali Diplomats have a lot of neighboring countries to visit.

I have put up another article on my blog. This time about how I started my Imagi-Nation. It features Buy Bowers the writer of Black Ops vs Richard Clarke the writer of Chain of Command in small cameo roles.

You can find it here : http://zangali.blogspot.nl/2016/04/the-start-of-imagi-nation.html

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:52:08 PM »
I don't think Bowers and Clark need to worry too much about competition form their rival- the way I see it they are both very different games and complement each other nicely- they each do what the other can't- I plan on using both, as well as Force on Force in my Zugando Campaign (although we have only used FoF so far.)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
Great work on the blog and background, I'm looking forwards to following events there!

I'm with Rob... most rule sets are perfect for a particular 'type' of game. I've not looked at Black Ops yet, but I do get the impression that they are more complimentary than alternative to what Chain of Command does for example. CoC does conventional platoon warfare following an abstract  'patrol level' contest. Black Ops does 'patrol level', prisoner grabs and everything else that goes on between CoC games.

No reason why you cannot play both and add more depth to your campaigns. :)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 11:25:03 PM »
Great start for your country.
Look forward to seeing how democracy works in your country. :-X
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Seb76

• Assistant
  • Vive Zangali !
    • Zangali
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 08:11:55 AM »
I don't think Clarke and Bowers have anything to worry about either. The are great guys and have made earned their marks in this hobby. Both systems should be able to live next to eachother. the rules for fighting season haven't been released yet but it will be along the familiar rules from CoC. It was just a really fun hour sitting with these two at the same gaming table for an hour and watch them slag off eachother. once again,.. all tongue in cheek.

My blog will have continues updates with news. I will only post the update here if I think it is really hobby related like new models, terrain pieces, battle reports and the like.
Today I have put an update on again but it just a news flash, It creates a nice background for the country and how it develops. I'm building up slowly to the first games but if you want some of the Zangali fever then make sure you check it out here: http://zangali.blogspot.nl/2016/04/africa-cup-2017-news.html