Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690927
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Ral Partha Chaos Wars KS just went 'live'  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Ral Partha Chaos Wars KS just went 'live'
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »
Ral Partha got me into the miniature collecting mess I am today  :D
First came Heroquest, then Ral Partha miniatures. I remember buying a new Ral Partha Import figure every two weeks. They were about $2 back then so I kept every piece of change I could find to get more figures.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »

They're a long established company, they already have the equipment, facilities, and staff. Almost all of the figures were sculpted and presumably paid for decades ago, and have previously been or are currently in production. I can't figure out why this is a Kickstarter.

I'm mainly interested in the trogs, which have been out of production for quite some time. I have a small collection of them, but have long wanted more for larger games. In my opinion, they're still the best lizardmen sculpts I've seen. Unfortunately my hobby budget is already spoken for for at least a few more months. So I'm not ready to buy during the limited window of the Kickstarter, and would rather not deal with Kickstarter & buying a vampire I don't want in the first place. If they simply add them to the store, I would just buy them when I'm ready. Hell, if they had been available years ago, I would already have bought & painted a bunch!

I'm similarly confused & excited about the stretch goals. As excited as I am for the idea of new trog sculpts, I don't understand the business decision of deciding whether or not to produce new specific models based on how much is spent on models in general (regardless of which models are being sold) over a limited span of time. I get why that might make sense for a brand new company attempting to get off the ground (which I had originally thought was the point of Kickstarter anyway,) but it seems an odd decision for an established one. But, again, if they put some new trog figures into production, I'm pretty sure I'd like the get them when I'm ready as well & hope they will be available via normal retail purchase.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 08:50:43 AM »
I just wish they did add ons that were something more like "3new additional sculpts for $10" rather than "3 new additional sculpts, 12 for $30" paraphrasing here but basically, im not after duplicates.

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »
There are some like that... Send them a message / comment. They seem to be very receptive.
If you intend to bugger about in the time stream, dress accordingly!

Conflict In Colour - Knocking out painted armies for the connoisseur since about 8AM.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
I've already put a message on e comments part but they seem to say it will be too hard with all the SKU codes they already have, which is fair enough. I'll just wait until they are available at retail instead. (Still getting the base 15 trogs though)

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »
There is nothing base about Trogs, sir...

;D ;D ;D :D