Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:35:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Updated 25th July)  (Read 13792 times)

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
Re: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Update 6th May)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
I love the SOTR Vampire Officer:

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:49:13 AM »
He looks good, not sure about his legs being like that though. Is he hovering?

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
I think it's just the angle of the photo, he looks fine in person.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Update 26th May)
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »
So yesterday at the Watford Wargaming Club I planned to play my first game of K'47/BA, well that was the plan anyway but sadly I was stood up and the game didn't take place :(

Still It wasn't all bad as I managed to take a few pics of my force (Some are even Ok..ish).

Sadly as the game didn't take place it makes this post a rather quick one but lucky for me I arranged enough game for next week against my normal long suffering opponent.

Thanks for looking!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 06:01:24 AM »
Your Germans look excellent Chico!  I think I'm more than a week behind now :) .  I think you made the safe decision committing to building a core force that you can expand once more information comes out on Konflikt '47 so I'll follow your example.  The link you posted on your blog to the painting video was really helpful.  Now that I finally have the right colours to work with I can get started too.  Did you follow the pea pattern she demonstrated or did you choose another autumn/winter scheme?

Once to have a game in please share what you think of it.  Shame you didn't get to play this time around but hopefully the photo op made it worthwhile.  Great stuff!   

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 10:05:50 AM »
Thanks the Video I posted on the Blog helped me work out how to correctly layer Camo which before this project I had no idea about but really the one I  ended up using for colour choices mostly this video:

I still modded it slighty to make it both easier and fit the paints I owned (As it turned out I only needed to change a single paint).

I also changed the bags/webbing colour to a dark brown as I just preferred it.

Thanks

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Oh the paint!!!  I wasted the first week I picked up my models tinkering and mixing.  I never hit anything I liked so I ordered a Vallejo Waffen SS set.  It turns out the colour variations are for the most part minute and it had been so long since I painted camo I'd forgotten the rules.  Luckily the video reminded me that it's more representational than larger scale models so I'm just rolling out the first batch of test models with a few tints added across the board.  I hope to post soon.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 02:44:37 PM »
Small update time:

Been busy converting Zombies from the Project Z game (Warlord games but uses the Wargame Factory plastics) which my wife bought for me for our anniversary and Warlords German Grenadiers.

I have 10 converted so far but I just finished the first 2 test paint jobs:

Thanks for looking

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
Re: Konflikt '47 - Germans Blog (Updated 6th June) - Zombies Tests
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 03:07:14 AM »
The painting looks good and the conversions are clean looking.  I like what you have accomplished but I'm not sure on the constituent parts.  I have a pack of Wargames Factory zombies and female survivors but I think I'll save them for zombie or post apocalyptic games.  The BA models are a bit chunky/heroic (which works for me by itself) but the Z range models are more true scale so I don't think they would, "play nice" together on the tabletop..  At the moment the pickings are limited for Konflikt '47 zombies so I admire your initiative and remain envious of your progress.

I still don't know what to do.  A while back Warlord had a partnership with Mantic where they released a combined zombie german collection of sprues.  I thought those looked pretty cool but if they are releasing their own I'm anticipating that won't be an option.  On the Warlord forums a guy posted some really cool "steppe ghouls".  I think they were a combo of russian models and the mantic ghoul models.  I had a better look at the planned Konflikt '47 zombie renders and they are growing on me.  I think the posted the ugliest one of the lot on the provisional unit list so I may hold off until those drop.

Segway back to the Warlord Games forum.  They just opened a Konflikt '47 space on their boards.  Over here on LA people are usually pretty friendly but not so much over there.  Some of the BA community really don't like Weird War invading their game.  I started a thread that's just a rehash of what I'm doing here but the board as a whole is really quiet and comparatively there isn't much activity.

Have you anything more to say about the War Z game?  The rules sounded spartan for my tastes and I'm not taking it as the best of signs you are cannibalizing Z models for other games.   

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »
The Zombies are skinnier then the Warlord and Artizan ranges I'm using, but your'd expect that being rotting fleshless corpses and do scale well enough for my tastes :).

Of course if you don't fancy the hassle of converting Nazi Zombies then I'd recommend Studio Miniatures plastics:

I don't have any myself set, but a chap in my local club is using them for his K'47/BA force :)

As for the Warlord Forum it's very cliquey as most forums that are dedicated to one company. I made the mistake on reading one of the BA threads about LMG's and it just split down to people fighting over historical and gamey reasons on why too or not too use it.

As for the Project Z game, I quite like it and have done a review on my blog (Pt.2 to come). It's both simple and quite engading, I have a large playthough arranged for Wednesday so I'll know for certain then the pros and cons.

The Zombies which end up converted though will pull double duty in both games as they'll just be reenactors that ended up getting turned while all dressed up.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 08:27:10 PM »
Those studio miniatures are nice;  Thanks for suggesting another possibility.

Yeah the reason there is a Konflikt '47 section on the boards at warlord is largely because the threads on the Bolt Action one got stomped on.  A thread ended up closed and everything related were shifted to the new section.  Maybe not my favorite place to post but the mod acted proactively so kudos to him.

I'm looking forward to your review and will keep checking in on your blog.  That reenactment angle is slick!  Great way to multi purpose your collection. 

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 02:38:47 AM »

Nazi Succubus with her toys

German Ritter Class Armored Mechanical Suit
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 09:40:17 AM »

German Ritter Class Armored Mechanical Suit

Those are very nice. not sure why you posted them in my thread though heheh  :? lol

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
Because it's Weird WWII and I'm weird.

Nuff said,
Brian

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 10:37:39 AM »
Also, if you want zombies then I give you the "Flesh Field".  Try crossing that with your troops.

http://www.weirdwwii.com/2011/12/on-my-wip-table-german-anti-walker.html

Enjoy,
Brian