Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Which Modern Ruleset?  (Read 6766 times)

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
Re: Which Modern Ruleset?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 07:18:27 PM »
Wow Scholar! These are a find....saved to be read tonight.
Has anyone a link to how to play Danger Close, I have looked through a few links etc but the stress rules are not making sense. I acknowledge clearly in advance that this is due to my thickness and shortage of time to devote to reading them.

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »
Just realised I have the Bolt action modern version already.... lol

Offline Queeg

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 06:55:48 AM »
Wow Scholar! These are a find....saved to be read tonight.
Has anyone a link to how to play Danger Close, I have looked through a few links etc but the stress rules are not making sense. I acknowledge clearly in advance that this is due to my thickness and shortage of time to devote to reading them.

There's a rules forum I think Carl, from memory the link is on the Empress site. Also you could PM Paul (Empress) with any questions as he'd probably be the one to ask ...... 

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
Thanks Queeg I will have a look. The rules seem very interesting and very manageable for 28mm. I often wonder though why for 20mm Rapid Fire or some other solid rulesets never got an official expansion into the modern era?
I will hunt for the forum now

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 04:08:46 AM »
Thanks Queeg I will have a look. The rules seem very interesting and very manageable for 28mm. I often wonder though why for 20mm Rapid Fire or some other solid rulesets never got an official expansion into the modern era?

If you head over to The Guild - http://www.guildwargamers.com/, a number of the key figures use Rapid Fire for moderns. You'll be best to talk to Piers, Gunbird, or Andy Rix about what changes they used. I know I've seen battle-reports for Arab-Israeli, Iran-Iraq, Gulf War 1, and Cold War Gone Hot using Rapid Fire.

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »
Thank you very much for this. I rarely if ever visit the guild page so I would never have found it.

I wondered what everyone was doing in 20mm moderns...this may well be it!

Offline Spectre Miniatures

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 01:21:52 PM »
Keep an eye out for our rules 'Spectre: Operations' which will be out in the next few weeks. Here's an excerpt explaining what it is about:

Spectre: Operations is designed to play any scenarios from the Cold War, the contemporary “modern” and “ultramodern” through to combat in the near future. It aims to deliver the most realistic and playable 28mm wargaming rules possible.  It encourages the players to use their forces’ key attributes and capabilities, tied with tactics, manoeuvre and firepower to defeat their enemies – just as it is on the modern battlefield.

Spectre: Operations encompasses the broad spectrum of combat operations seen on the world's battlefields today.  A key aspect of Spectre: Operations has been the assistance and advice provided by current and former military and security personnel - combat veterans with many years’ experience in the field. Their ongoing shared expertise and input has influenced every aspect of the game, including and Spectre’s miniature range.  We hope it gives Spectre: Operations the utmost realism in terms of game mechanics in so far as that can be achieved in a miniature bloodless simulation of combat.  Every effort will be made to be at and remain on the cutting-edge of modern warfare to allow the player to replicate or replay events, or design their own conflicts in this very uncertain world.
www.spectreminiatures.com
Bleeding edge warfare in miniature

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 11:53:30 PM »
I have followed your figure range with interest and will no doubt purchase some, I especially like the deniable operators! Suitably dark.
I do hope that your rules are a success...I seem to collect rules as well as figures.

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »

Hi,
Yeah drop me a line if you have any questions on Danger Close. either by mail@empressminiatures.com or on the facebook page.

We are currently working with the original guys who created Skirmish Sangin to produce a set of rules for 'big' games. Play testing on mechanisms currently going ahead and all looking good. Possible release date just after Christmas. So if you want a game with a few tanks, vehicles and infantry a side then this should be of interest. Early days at the moment but all very exciting  ;)

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 02:11:40 PM »
A big game version does indeed sound very exciting! I am re reading the rules and shoving some figures around at the moment....at the weekend a friend and I are going to give the rules a playtest which I am looking forwards too. If we encounter any difficulties I will let you know. Thanks

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »
No problem and have fun.  :)

Offline Dangerdaz

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »
Hi,
Yeah drop me a line if you have any questions on Danger Close. either by mail@empressminiatures.com or on the facebook page.

We are currently working with the original guys who created Skirmish Sangin to produce a set of rules for 'big' games. Play testing on mechanisms currently going ahead and all looking good. Possible release date just after Christmas. So if you want a game with a few tanks, vehicles and infantry a side then this should be of interest. Early days at the moment but all very exciting  ;)

How about devising a vehicle add on for Danger Close?
Afterall, you have all these lovely new vehicles but only infantry rules!

Offline MajorTalon

• Scientist
  • Talon Company!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 07:11:23 AM »
Danger Close is indeed an excellent system. One of my fellow players seems to think it needs a points system (which I don't agree with at all).

Offline shepard88

• Assistant
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 08:39:12 PM »
which se tyou prefer guys; Spectre rules or Black Ops?

I go for black Ops.