Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685047
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 740
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Flint & Feather  (Read 15134 times)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Flint & Feather
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
I expected to reach the goal in 2 to 5 days. What is the problem? One of the best Kickstarter I saw.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:59:42 PM by NurgleHH »
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »
My mate and I are in, I did wonder if it may tail off as some of the figures already had a limited release so peeps may have had a fix. Fingers crossed it goes the distance

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
Potentially the problem is that most everyone who was going to buy in has bought in and we are still ~5K USD short. Sure some more money will continue to trickle-in as folks discover the KS and there will probably be a rush toward the end, but there's a good chance that the rush and the trickle won't cover another 40-50% of the total. And remember that if we don't get the full amount we get nothing, so almost or pretty good doesn't really cut it.

I have bought into probably a dozen KS so I have some experience watching how these things unfold. What needs to happen is either a lot more people need to buy in (nearly double what we have now) or you have to produce add-ons that get the people who already bought in to buy more and drive up sales--which presumably Bob has in the works. What you can't do is sit around waiting to make the goal before you start all that stuff.

Anyway fingers crossed!

I expected to reach the goal in 2 to 5 days. What is the problem? One of the best Kickstarter I saw.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 02:40:39 PM »
Thanks for all the advice.
Our plan is not to release Add-ons until we reach the funding goal. However as Axabrax has pointed out, we may have to modify that plan. We really expected to reach our goal by now as well. We have had lots of positive response on these figures and in games at Conventions throughout the USA and Canada. We also had the blog that was getting many hits when we produce a new post. When have been pushing these for over a year now attempting to do our prep work in advance of the Kickstarter.
So we will take a swing at more media outlets, any suggestions or help with where we should post would be awesome.
These Kickstarters usually take a good push by the public to get behind them to be tremendously successful.
We have up to four extra single figures to add in as stretch goals, plus a pack of open hand figures that can be modified to your suiting. Also we have canoes and spirit creatures in the offering, so we have a lot available.
We believe this genre is creative and new with a little bit of a twist on some old offerings. So we would like to see it supported as well.
Thanks for your support in this endeavor!!

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »
Monday or Tuesday this week the Flying Head, Naked Bear and Great Horned Serpent will be moulded. I want to have fully painted pictures for you by next weekend.

I want to post painted pics of the other offering we have lined up. Before the end of the KS you will see the First canoe from the canoe set, the open handed 5 fig set, some more accessories, 5 special release rewards and even the first Haudenosaunee warrior with musket.

And then there is the Stone Coat Giant that should be previewed before the end of the KS. He is pretty nice!

Frankly, I feel quite confident that we will reach our goals. We should be hitting $9000 today.

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 08:30:31 PM »
I would also like to remind everyone that the KS is in Canadian funds so your $110 CDN pledge is really about $90 USD.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »
Should have had a "miniatures only" pledge level.No offense but I could give a tick about the rules just want the minis.
Pete

Offline fusilierdan

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 01:32:41 AM »
Just signed up! I've played these rules through various stages of development with Howard. The games are fun,challenging and entertaining. The figures are outstanding. I'm pretty excited about getting them and look forward to the pending sculpts.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 01:35:37 AM »
Should have had a "miniatures only" pledge level.No offense but I could give a tick about the rules just want the minis.
Pete

You should join us at the Add-On or Choices Pledge. For ten dollars you can choose your add-ons when we open up said add-ons like Canoes, Spirit Creatures, open handed miniatures, accessory packs and Natives with Muskets. These are the things that will be coming down the track in the Kickstarter and the $10 pledge lets you keep an on developments thru emails. Of course at $10 CAD that's only $7.75USD. This will allow you to purchase just miniatures.

This Kickstarter is really focused on getting a set of miniature rules produced. As we have said elsewhere and many times, we are already a miniatures company, we do not need to run a Kickstarter to produce our miniatures. This is evidenced by the fact that they are already sculpted and ready to produce. We will be producing these miniatures for sale, and you will be able to purchase them at full MSRP once we are done shipping them to our great supporters who help bring these rules to life. Either way you have a couple of options to get the miniatures only. So hop on over to the Kickstarter and join in now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:40:16 AM by Mitchelxen »

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 05:26:37 PM »
A few people have requested fire-arms for the Flint & Feather range. While the. pre-contact period is our primary focus currently, I've made up some early 17th century muskets and we will be doing a 5 figures pack of Haudenosaunee Warriors armed with guns.

One of the weapons is a matchlock and the other is an early flintlock. The Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) army, estimated at 1000 strong, that destroyed the Wendat (Huron) nation in 1649 had been well supplied by the Dutch and English with muskets. The Wendat, on the other hand, had very few firearms due to the French policy of only trading them with Wendat Christian converts.

While the matchlock was still in wide use among European armies, in the early 1600s the Native warriors found the weapon to be awkward to use with their style of combat and when the Haudenosaunee were introduced to the quite new flintlock weapons they demanded those in trade over the matchlocks.

It is a sign of the then power of the Haudenosaunee nation that they were able to make this demand and have it fulfilled.

These muskets hit the mould today.

Bob Murch

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
Trying to spread interest over on DakkaDakka:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/690342.page

Per my post, I think this project stands out because it focuses on New World powers. For that reason, I expect the spirit creature models could be very important.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2016, 12:58:39 AM »
Here is the first Add-on for our Kickstarter because what is a tabletop game without a moose! Support us online and get your own Moose!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/flint-and-feather-game-system-and-28mm-metal-minia

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2016, 05:47:31 AM »
I just posted a step-by-step photo album on the Pulp Figures Facebook page demonstrating the construction of a birch bark longhouse using actual birch bark. It requires a little patience to build but I find the result quite pleasing.

https://www.facebook.com/pulp.figures

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1752612238352328&set=ms.c.eJxFztERgDAIA9CNPEOAwv6LqWDp77sEgmXiEGHQhBIXflC7EZl6AB7mjoHoCgeyQQ5UxXzDe~%3B9LIAe0YR3oynzhKtAZxqhhcW8wVIL6AE~_JKPg~-.bps.a.1752612235018995.1073741835.100008107055820&type=3&theater

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
I couldn't resist any more. Too cool! I'm right in the heart of the Tuscarora Nation, so it seems wrong to not get it!

Offline elysium64

• Potatoe Cup Holder 2010
  • Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:18 PM »
I am in for all the modes and rules, got  some of figures already and they re lovely, I do hope this gets funded, I think it I'll succeed but not by much at he current rate