Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 804
Total: 810

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Flint & Feather  (Read 15305 times)

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Flint & Feather
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 03:07:15 AM »
I'm painting the first 3 spirit creatures now. I think you will like them. Pictures should be ready to post by Friday.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 01:02:05 AM »
Lots of stuff happening at the Kickstarter. We just went over $10K in support. But its Canadian money so that's only like $7785.74USD.
The pdf of the rules has gone up on our website so it is available for download.
Here is a pic of the new figures for stretch goals.

So hop on over and support us at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/flint-and-feather-game-system-and-28mm-metal-minia

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 02:51:42 AM »
'Flint and Feather' - because you've been waiting to wargame the wars between the Iroquois and Huron in the C17th.  Roderick Robertson and I wrote the rules. They are up now -- Get the pdf download for free here:

http://www.cruciblecrush.com/files/Flint%20and%20Feather%20Basic%20Rules%281%29.pdf
I do all my own stunts

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 03:13:32 PM »
I read the rules cover-to-cover last night and really think they look clever, interesting, and very much capture the feel of the subject matter. I can't wait for the scenarios and campaign book!

The card mechanic for combat in particular looks intriguing. Have you found that it moves along fairly quickly in practice once players get the hang of it?  Also, am I correct in presuming that you use full decks of 6 attack cards and 6 defense cards for each figure on figure match up rather than each group on group match-up? Otherwise, you would have certain maneuvers getting "used up" and potentially not available for everyone. So for instance in a battle between two groups of 3 combatants that pair off into 3 separate 1:1 figure match ups I would use the full deck of options for the first two figures' fight and then reshuffle and have a full deck for the next two figures fight, and so on. This way everyone has access to all the maneuvers for their combat.

BTW there seems to be something weird happening between page 10 and 11. Page 11 doesn't seem to follow from where we left off on page 10?

Offline Howard Whitehouse

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 03:37:09 PM »
You are right in assuming that you use the card decks one at a time, each fight being resolved before the next one. It's a Rock-paper-scissors sort of system, so you need all the cards at any one time. Each choice is as good as any other, with the exception of the 'Huh?' card (which indicates confusion and ineptitude, and isn't one you'd pick deliberately).

As you'll understand, Key characters choose their cards, while Basic characters (being supporting cast, and prone to ignore what the player wants!) pick at random.

I see what you mean about pages 10-11, where the example continues but the shading vanishes. I'll mention this to Lee at Crucible Crush.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »
I checked it out and Howard is right, that is exactly what happened. Nothing is missing, just the shading for the example (in blue) is missing. I will touch that up along with the board size tonight. One gamer emailed me and told me the board size is off, so I will make those changes and repost the pdf. Is there anything else anyone has noted?

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 08:08:36 PM »
Page 12 isn't numbered.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 11:50:52 PM »
The Spirit Monsters are here! Pledge now! Pledge Often!

You can get these creatures by pledging at the Add-Ons level for $10 and then adding in extra $55 CAD for the Monsters. Get them now at this great price! Only $42.51 USD at today's exchange rate. That's $12.50 of the MSRP!

Offline Bob Murch

• Scientist
  • Honest purveyor of toys and such.
    • Pulp Figures
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2016, 01:15:25 AM »
A closer look at our Spirit Creatures now posted as an Add-On for the Flint & Feather Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/flint-and-feather-game-system-and-28mm-metal-minia/comments

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2016, 10:44:45 AM »
Fascinating subject and great looking figures chaps, wishing you well with the Kickstarter  :)

Lance

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline Paint Pig

• Librarian
  • one size fits all
    • Paint Pig
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2016, 03:12:34 PM »
In my experience with KS people tend to hold off until the last 36 hours, I have seen a tripling in funds in that time period in some instances. Not saying this will happen here but I suggest you expect a last minute uptake.  :)
must dash, people to be, places to free
Dave

slowly over a low flame
MY FACE BOOK A Small Matter

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 01:51:16 AM »
A last minute uptake would be great  :)!

Today we posted our first two stretch goals. Join at the Warrior or Great Warrior pledge level and get a free miniature added to your pledge at either level. That's only $85USD to get in and get some free figures!! Join us now.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »
Stretch goals are cool, but I'd be focusing on strategies to get us to the funding goal as the priority. I'm sure there will be a last minute uptick, but it's difficult to say how much it will be and relying on that to make goal might be dangerous.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:35 AM »
Stretch goals are cool, but I'd be focusing on strategies to get us to the funding goal as the priority. I'm sure there will be a last minute uptick, but it's difficult to say how much it will be and relying on that to make goal might be dangerous.

New strategies are up!!
As many of you have asked for a miniatures only pledge we added it, but it is limited to 20 so get over there and get your miniatures now, if you want them.
We also added two painted sets. These sets are painted by the sculptor, Bob Murch, and each model is modified for uniqueness, why, because having a unique warband is what Flint and Feather is all about!!

So please stop by and check out these new pledges!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/flint-and-feather-game-system-and-28mm-metal-minia

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 02:00:21 AM »
There ya go.
Broke $10,000 USD too.