Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Notice] I need your opinion about a new range of ships & buildings (Mine !)  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Hi all !

As you know i begin has to master the technique of Paper Models … (For ships)

I collected on the Internet some hardly interesting models …

I furthermore amassed a huge amount of documentation (books, pdf, plans) on ships & buildings...

I work at present in accelerate the manufacturing process …

If I arrive there, I think seriously of proposing my models in the sale !

I am going to realize at first some prototypes to study the cost price and the sale price

But I shall want to know if some of you could be interested!

I shall want to propose :

WW1 Gunboat like Fly class or Temes / Bodrog …

RCW Gunboats and artillery barges ...

ACW River ironclad (Mound city class , Ozark , Neosho …)

Japanese & Korean Sengoku Jidaï ships

And maybe some civilans ships ...

Some other possibilities :

The models will been assembled and ready to be painted , or painted with an additional charge ( And 1/50e scale)

Note that the ships fittings and artillery will not be paper models but plastic and/or metal

AND I have a friend who put himself in the molding / casting : I think about work with him and some buildings (Sengoku Jidaï , Medieval & renaissance era , and i think about ACW forts and redoubts)

Some questions :

Could you be interested !? (Do not hesitate to detail your answer)

Do you prefer a reduction with exact size or rather a selective reduction of the size !?

(As exemple : a Mound City class ironclad ACW gunboat will be 1 meter long and 30 cm beam : i could try to reduce it by 1/4 or 1/3 with less apparent guns)

What sum would be you ready to put for a ship? Or A building !? (Don’t hesitate to answer , we are all gentlemen)

Do you prefer a painted or not painted models !?

I will show you some prototypes but let me some times ;-)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:53:31 PM by Byblos »

Offline N.C.S.E

• Scientist
Being very much interested in the acquisition of ships for my VSF adventures, these look great, they tick every box. :D My only issue as my personal lack of confidence in paper models - I see a lot of other people being hesitant. But, in 1/56 scale or there abouts, I'm there.

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
My only issue as my personal lack of confidence in paper models - I see a lot of other people being hesitant. But, in 1/56 scale or there abouts, I'm there.

The same for me ... at the beginning !

But in 1/56e scale , and with fittings and artillery in 3D (metal / plastic , items from Reviresco & cie) , the paper models are excellent and very solid models !

Interesting the VSF "era" , i don't think about it at first but the ACW river ironclad are very interesting for VSF indeed !