Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] (Soon) Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Just saw this on Tabletop Gaming News:

Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel  
​The Liberation of Venus Continues Live with Capitol Radio One!

Cabinet Entertainment & Modiphius Entertainment have unveiled Stefan Kopinski’s cover for the epic Siege of the Citadel Board Game which triumphantly returns with a major Kickstarter this summer.

New sculpts, New Double-sided Tiles, New Rules and New Creatures will bring the Siege of the Citadel core box screaming to life. This 2nd edition of the iconic techno fantasy board game returns with original designer Richard Borg (Memoir 44) once again on the frontline, with Kevin Wilson (Descent), and Eric Lang (Blood Rage) bringing up the troops.
[...]

Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel is a reboot of one of the most epic miniatures boardgames of the nineties and Modiphius has assembled an all-star team to work on the new version. Fager and Kopinksi join a squad which includes Richard Borg, Eric Lang and Kevin Wilson, and a sculpting team of Prodos Games and Paolo Parente. 

In Siege of the Citadel players control one of five corporations: Imperial, Cybertronic, Mishima, Capitol, or Bauhausm as they try to prevent the Dark Legion and one of its vile leaders, Nepharite or Alakhai, from conquering a solar system riven by war.

Modiphius will be launching a Kickstarter campaign next year to support the launch with special bonuses for early backers and plans are currently to launch the full game at the Essen show in 2016 and with a retail release following in October 2016.

http://www.modiphius.com/siege-of-the-citadel.html

What I really like about this (besides the fact that it gets a re-release) is that Kevin Wilson (Descent) is behind the mechanics and Henning Ludvigsen (creator of the excellent Mansions of Madness tiles) drew the map tiles.

A few words about the original Siege of the Citadel:

I never played the original but I know that it's widely regarded as a classic. It has been out of print for about two decades and fans of the old game have often voiced their desire for a re-releaase. The game has a unique gameplay where every player leads a small number of heroes (typically two), the legendary Doomtroppers, from his or her chosen Megacorporation through a campaign consisting of multiple missions, each with it's own scenario and goals. The overarching story is just what the title says: An assault on one of the Citadels, factory-fortresses of the Dark Apostels. The twist is that the inter-corp rivalry and backstabbing that is present in the Mutant Chronicles universe is represented in the game by having one player per mission leave his or her heroes out of the mission and instead controlling the Dark Legion forces, trying to make life for his or her "allies" as hard as possible. Even though the Megacorporations are supposed to work together under the Cartel organisation to fight the darkness, each one still wants to come out on top. So the game is not truly cooperative but still balanced because everyone gets to play the Dark Legion at one point. Between missions, Doomtroopers raise their stats and get better equipment.

BoardGameGeek: Siege of the Citadel (1993)

original cover art:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:40:10 AM by Cherno »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: [Kickstarter] (Soon) Mutant Chronicles - Siege of the Citadel
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 02:06:27 AM »
I remember I picked up three of those old boxes for $5 a pop at a toy store...using the miniatures as proxies for 40K.  lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 02:08:10 AM »
using the miniatures as proxies for 40K

Heretic!  >:(  :P

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:06:18 AM »
Prodos Games and Paolo Parente involved?! :o  Two companies/persons known for being scammers and liars and  having a track of unfulfilled Kickstarters. No thanks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:16:53 AM by Arcturus »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 05:49:31 AM »
Well the box art doesn't show anything about Prodos. and it says it is a registered trademark of Mutant Chronicles International, inc.
Could be good. Hard plastic hopefully.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 12:50:48 PM »
I think Prodos is "just" responsible for the miniatures.

"Meanwhile, the heroes and monstrous forces of the Dark Legion have been captured for all eternity by Luna City’s greatest sculptors including Gael Gaumon, Valerio Terranova and others, led by impresarios Paolo Parente and Prodos Games, who together have the eye of the Cardinal himself on their great work! "
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:52:28 PM by Cherno »

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
"Meanwhile, the heroes and monstrous forces of the Dark Legion have been captured for all eternity by Luna City’s greatest sculptors including Gael Gaumon, Valerio Terranova and others, led by impresarios Paolo Parente and Prodos Games, who together have the eye of the Cardinal himself on their great work! "

'Impresarios': that's not the first word that would have sprung to my mind...Better check the fine print: Tony Reidy isn't involved as well is he?

Online Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 01:48:44 PM »
I am in! Being an old Warzone fan and all...
 ;)
OK, Prodos is slightly involved, but the Prodos Warzone KS was OK, not great but still OK (at least I received it!).
And Modiphius have a sterling record!
I received all KS, constant updates and great products, highly recommended.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 10:13:42 PM »
Prodos Games and Paolo Parente involved?! :o  Two companies/persons known for being scammers and liars and  having a track of unfulfilled Kickstarters. No thanks.
Right, no support for Prodos, even if it is a small. They are liars and thieves.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:30 PM »
Sadly I have to agree.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 11:43:27 PM »

Cannot fault Modiphius up to now, let's hope they keep all involved under tight control.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 08:49:09 AM »
Being Swedish, I remember the ORIGINAL game (before it was translated into English  ;) ). I have played it loads of times with my mates, it's great fun and I always enjoyed it, Imperial kicks a$$  lol, the only small thing I didn't like were the massive shoulder pads on the minis (I mean, WHY???).

I still think it's quite clever, the tiles are nice, random card allocations of the Dark Legion's forces (IIRC) so you never know exactly what you're up against, jockeying for position to both finish the mission AND be the one benefitting the most from it (experience and credits). And it's quite fair that all players take turns in playing 'The Evil' (as we called it, with capital T & E). The cardboard representation of the 'Citadel' we usually dispensed with though, as it often got in the way and was knocked down in the excitement.

I would LOVE to see a second edition coming to fruition, but never backed a kickstarter before and previous posts suggesting that not everything might be as honest as you wish  >:(!!! If there'll be a clear indication that all is well though I would certainly put in some of my hard earned money, but only if it's 100% certain.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Online Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 09:02:35 AM »
Well - I can only testify for Modiphius' KS.
I backed the Mutant Chronicles RPG, the Achtung Cthulhu RPG, the Thunderbirds KS and the Infinity KS.

So far ALL worked out fine.  :)

Prodos is of course something totally different...  :(

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
Well - I can only testify for Modiphius' KS.
I backed the Mutant Chronicles RPG, the Achtung Cthulhu RPG, the Thunderbirds KS and the Infinity KS.

So far ALL worked out fine.  :)

Prodos is of course something totally different...  :(

That sounds really promising, so fingers crossed.

But I have never come across Prodos before, a quick search on the forum reveals that there are many customers that are unhappy with them though...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
IP on this seems less of a hassle compared to AVP though so it could be better. In fact money for Prodos from this could help out those AVP people (don't hold your breath though)