Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Accross the Dead Earth - Rules Questions  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Accross the Dead Earth - Rules Questions
« on: May 12, 2016, 05:09:16 PM »
Picked up ADE the other day. Very much enjoying the narrative approach to the rules, but now I have a couple of questions!

Is the Roll to Save the same whether you are Shooting or Fighting?
Put another way, will double 1's always save and will a double-6 cause an OOA result?

In a Fight is the +1 for Attack / Counter-Attack dropped after the first round or if the participants “Remain Engaged”?

The Recovery / Bleeding Out roll... States this roll may be made "If a Gang member is Knocked Out when they would otherwise take their phase". Can you give an example of when this opportunity might come up?

Thanks in advance! My apologies if all this has already been brought up in another thread I have failed to find!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:03:20 AM by Mr. Peabody »
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
Re: Accross the Dead Earth - Rules Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:41:19 AM »
Picked up ADE the other day. Very much enjoying the narrative approach to the rules, but now I have a couple of questions!

Is the Roll to Save the same whether you are Shooting or Fighting?
Put another way, will double 1's always save and will a double-6 cause an OOA result?

In a Fight is the +1 for Attack / Counter-Attack dropped after the first round or if the participants “Remain Engaged”?

The Recovery / Bleeding Out roll... States this roll may be made "If a Gang member is Knocked Out when they would otherwise take their phase". Can you give an example of when this opportunity might come up?

Thanks in advance! My apologies if all this has already been brought up in another thread I have failed to find!

Thanks for your questions. In order:

Yes, the Roll to Save rules are exactly the same when shooting or fighting. Double 1 always saves, double 6=OOA.

No, the person whose phase it is always receives the +1 as they are the one taking the Action.

Recovery/Bleeding Out: On each turn each of your characters has a phase when they can Act. If a Character is Knocked Out, they can take no normal Actions, but instead roll to recover or bleed out. Most people save this until they have acted with their active characters and have little else they can do in this turn.

Any more questions - just let me know. Glad you're enjoying it so far.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 05:30:06 PM by Adm Richie »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Accross the Dead Earth - Rules Questions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:17:04 PM »
Thank you! Much appreciated.  :D