Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wherein I paint Game of Thrones. Wolfswood rangers 13/3  (Read 81957 times)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Wherein I paint Game of Thrones. Longbowmen 19/4
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2020, 11:20:06 PM »
I said I had an update in the works, but it is not this one. This one is simply my attention deficit kitbashing addiction kicking in. Just got a fresh box of Perry Agincourt French that I have been intending to supplement and update my Stark infantry with so tonight I cracked that box open, grabbed a few other sprues from the shelf and set to work instead of working on the paint queue.

After the first build I decided that these guys will be a unit of House Tully infantry. Tried to keep them fairly uniform looking. Bits from Perrys various  Agincourt sprues, both Oathmark Elf sprues and Fireforge's Teutonic Infantry.

Thoughts?

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
Re: Wherein I paint Game of Thrones. Full unit of Tully kitbashes 15/7
« Reply #346 on: July 15, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »
Looking good! The Oathmark arms seem to scale up with the Perry parts nicely, Fireforge arms seem to be a bit chunkier sometimes!

Looking forward to seeing them painted up! Which variant of the Tully sigil are you planning on using? The TV show seems to split the field horizontally, but the book one looks like it gets done vertically (at least according to World of Ice and Fire!) 

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #347 on: July 15, 2020, 01:04:07 AM »
Great looking kitbashes!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #348 on: July 15, 2020, 10:16:09 AM »
Thank you both! Hadn't yet considered the sigil when posting these as I have a few bits and bobs to paint first. I tend to stick to the Wiki of Ice and Fire in this project, which is book rather than show. Exceptions of course are the wolf head shields I got from Fireforge but that is more for convenience.

So yes, I will probably stick closer to the book sigil unless I decide on a simplified version of my own make.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 11:23:18 AM by Ogrob »

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #349 on: July 15, 2020, 02:34:57 PM »
Those are perhaps some of my favourites of your recent work. Totally sold me on the Elf kit now. I had no idea the armoured arms would fit so well with Perry and Fireforge.
" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #350 on: July 18, 2020, 08:37:32 PM »
Good to see you making more progress on your GoT project for a purely selfish point of view, it keeps me motivated as well  :)

That is going to be a really impressive unit of Tully’s once painted up....a good choice of figures...they look like they mean business.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #351 on: July 19, 2020, 11:12:00 AM »
Thank you both! Really love the little mini-community of Game of Thrones projects on here.

Anyway, here is the update that I had actually been working on for a little bit. As you may know by now I obsessively buy all Mat Bickley sculpts from Claymore, but he also makes a small range of 14th century Scots for Antediviluvian miniatures. I finally got around to ordering some during the spring and they arrived a while back and this combined with left over Claymore french gave me enough for a full unit of Spearmen. I needed some more Infantry for Oathmark anyway, as while my armies are lots of points I could use a bit more infantry for a solid centre.

These are painted as House Tallhart, one of my favourite vassals of House Stark, just because I really like their colours. First shown is the standard unit, then with alternative leader (for when I want a Champion instead of an Officer) and then just the Champion models. One of my absolute favourites of the Claymore foot knight range.

What do you think?

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Wherein I paint Game of Thrones. Mustering House Tallhart 19/7
« Reply #352 on: July 19, 2020, 12:04:49 PM »
Looking good mate! Nice sculpts and good brushwork bringing them to life.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #353 on: July 19, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
They are great sculpts (I’ve got some of the Claymore ones in my paint queue, but haven’t bought any of the antediluvian ones yet), and your paint jobs really do them justice.

I see what you mean about the Tallhart colours...the black spears are striking as well.

:)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #354 on: July 19, 2020, 12:35:33 PM »
Looks great! Really dynamic models!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #355 on: July 19, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
Oooh I like those. Lovely figures, lovely colours. Nice job sir.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #356 on: July 19, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
Looking good! Nice to see the Antediluvian Scots get some love, they're great sculpts!

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #357 on: July 19, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
Thanks everyone, glad you like them.

Offline Darathar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #358 on: July 19, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
Damn these look great! Like the elf oathmark sword and shield combo when I can leave the wall again I'll put them on some southerners.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #359 on: July 19, 2020, 03:20:26 PM »
Thank you!

Another mini update for today as I'm feeling productive. I liked the idea of having a Knight designated as Champion for the unit (in Oathmark Champions are basically upgraded unit leaders who are mostly just better at fighting) from the Tallhart crew, so I threw together a Tully Knight for their Swordsmen. A simple build really, Light Elf champion longsword put onto a French agincourt knight.