Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690620
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zouaves  (Read 3530 times)

Online Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
Zouaves
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:16:14 AM »
I've added some pictures of my latest ACW units to my site. Here's a sample ~

There are also new pictures in three other Galleries listed on the Updates page.
www.Freewebs.com/talesfromghq

David
"There is no point in being stupid unless you show it!"

http://talesfromghq.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Zouaves
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:18:55 PM »
David, I am amazed by the volume and quantity of stuff you seem to consistently churn out. These Zouaves are are no exception , very nice. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

David, I am amazed by the volume and quantity of stuff you seem to consistently churn out. These Zouaves are are no exception , very nice. :)

Agree! Plus, it's always nice to see some colorful ACW figures like those Zouaves.

8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Online Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://talesfromghq.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-are-very-welcome-at-tales-from-ghq.html
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »

Agree! Plus, it's always nice to see some colorful ACW figures like those Zouaves.

8)
Thanks, chaps! But lately I've not had the muse for painting much at all really, just two Pulp Figures in a week almost. Strange, is n't it, how we all view our standards and productivity in relation to others?

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »
But you have the advantage of being retired. Not that I'm jealous, mind...........  Well, just a bit..............
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Online Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 10:03:15 PM »
But you have the advantage of being retired. Not that I'm jealous, mind...........  Well, just a bit..............
Thanks, Jon, I was just going to post again, as on reflection I thought what I'd said, or rather not said, might make me sound rather more pompous than usual. I have a great deal of time and few responsibilities, so actually I think I'm pretty unproductive in the circumstances. I really think I probably painted as much when I was at work, but that could be a false perspective.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 11:30:56 PM »
I know, from being off ill long term in the past, that days fly by.  If you want something done ask a busy man, I was told once.   ::)

No, you carry on posting, I'm certain that there are loads of folk, like me, that love to view your work and eye-candy website regularly......................   ;)

Online Yankeepedlar01

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 07:53:58 AM »
If you want something done ask a busy man, I was told once.   ::)
I think that's probably true, Jon.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:35:20 AM »
No, you carry on posting, I'm certain that there are loads of folk, like me, that love to view your work and eye-candy website regularly......................   ;)

Seconded, keep posting. :)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 09:36:11 AM »
I've been teaching for a week, and I think I painted more in January, so far, than most months.  Incidentally, in January last year I set myself the task of adding 100 finished items a month to my collection.  I mad just over 1200 last year.  Admittedly, some of it, like Lledo cars and some Wizzkids stuff was already painted, but I just cut corners on the detail.  Don't worry, I have enough in my backlog to keep me going for 10 years without purchasing, which I can't resist.  I just do a lot of black undercoat and drybrush it.  I wish I had your skill, though.

When I retire I hope to be able to emulate your ability, attention to detail and your website.  But, if there's one thing I learnt last year, it is essential to keep your social life, no matter what.  Monday is wargames and Wednesday is Kendo, these are absolutes.  I spent too long thinking my career was my life.