Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:15:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Jungle board  (Read 7553 times)

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
Re: Jungle board
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »
Well that will make the average explorer or missionary a little nervous :o lolWell done!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
I painted some foam board last night and it really warped, need something cheap , preferably free and durable.

Like the river bed, how did you do it . It looks like I could use something similar for dirt tracks in the back of beyond.

For smaller pieces, use CDs. Preferably used ones that have gone obsolete. They are thin, durable, and won't warp whatever you do to them, that does not involve heat or fire....

Larger pieces: Use hardboard or plasticard. Really the only materials I can think of that can be easily carved and won't warp....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 11:22:48 PM »
I think this is great terrain at a good standard without being too daunting to try for bad modellers like myself.  8)

I would like to know, what are the coloured sticks used for the hut sides?

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
Odd Duck

If that make explorers nervous this next one might lead to a nervous breakdown.

Recipe - Explorer stew

4 large onions
1 large carrot – chopped
5 Gallons of water
1 nervous explorer

If you don’t like surprise crunchy bits please remove metal objects such as spear and arrow heads. Remove pith helmet but save for later garnishing.

Argonor

The coloured sticks were from a wind chime we got as a present. About a meter long of these stick tied together in the middle with some chime at the bottom. Absolutely horrendous! But good for making scenery. You could substitute wooden barbeque Kebab sticks.

Offline odd duck

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
That's good lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Saya

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
Yeah funny and goody stuff!!!!!  lol  lol  lol

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 09:40:15 AM »
I painted some foam board last night and it really warped, need something cheap , preferably free and durable.

Like the river bed, how did you do it . It looks like I could use something similar for dirt tracks in the back of beyond.

For smaller pieces, use CDs. Preferably used ones that have gone obsolete. They are thin, durable, and won't warp whatever you do to them, that does not involve heat or fire....

Larger pieces: Use hardboard or plasticard. Really the only materials I can think of that can be easily carved and won't warp....

Thanks Args, I used cd's for my tree bases , so I will look at hard board or plasticard for the buildings, my friend said why bother, but I think I should do something.

dodge

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 09:47:47 AM »
Odd Duck

If that make explorers nervous this next one might lead to a nervous breakdown.

Recipe - Explorer stew

4 large onions
1 large carrot – chopped
5 Gallons of water
1 nervous explorer

If you don’t like surprise crunchy bits please remove metal objects such as spear and arrow heads. Remove pith helmet but save for later garnishing.

You forgot to mention, season well with salt and pepper lol

I am really enjoying seeing this come together. Your ideas for scenery pieces are excellent and they are really well conceived. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »

Thanks Args, I used cd's for my tree bases , so I will look at hard board or plasticard for the buildings, my friend said why bother, but I think I should do something.

dodge

I forgot: If you have some warped pieces, you can sometimes rectify them by painting the underside. I don't know why this doesn't work everytime, but I guess it depends on what made the base warp in the first place (glue/sand has a much harder bond than a thin layer of paint).