Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Former Center Stage Miniatures available through Pacesetter Games  (Read 2181 times)

Offline m4jumbo

• Scientist
    • Terrain Specialties Forum
I did some searching and didn't come up with any previous mention of this here.  Sorry if my search was incomplete and it has already been mentioned.  This pertains to fantasy miniatures, but if this should be in the Commercial section feel free to move.

Looks like the miniature line from Center Stage Miniatures has been acquired by Pacesetter Games and some of the figures are currently available on the Pacesetter website. 

Link: Pacesetter Games

Please don't turn this into a discussion on the disaster of the CSM Kickstarters.  CSM is dead and gone, but there are some very nice "old school" style miniatures available in their line and I am glad these are available again rather than being doomed to obscurity.   Just part of the CSM miniature catalog is currently available but it sounds like the entire line will be released.

Before all the Kickstarter madness, CSM had acquired some/all of the Julie Guthrie Personalities line from Mega Miniatures but hadn't yet re-released many of them.  Hopefully those figures will be made available in the future as well from Pacesetter games.

Here is the announcement that was posted on the Demons & Devils Kickstarter page as well as on the Dragonsfoot forum:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Backer,
Please review the following press release. In a nutshell, Pacesetter Games & Simulations has acquired the complete assets, material and intellectual, of Center Stage Miniatures.
Over the next two weeks, starting this evening, 31 January 2016, I will be liquidating CSM stock in order to finance further operations including returning as much value to those backers who have not received their pledges.
It is important to note that Pacesetter Games & Simulations is under no obligation, legal or fiduciary, to fulfill any obligations of Center Stage Miniatures including ALL Kickstarter campaigns. All CSM obligations were discharged as a matter of its bankruptcy proceeding. However, I will offer Demons & Devils backers, who have not received their pledges, an opportunity to obtain all, or most, of their pledge. There will be a cost to backers – I will do everything possible to minimize that cost. It will also be actual cost. Again, these costs will be reduced by the sale of existing miniature stock.
There is much more to detail and I will do so in the next day. I will also set up a communication point – I will not use the KS pages as, again, this campaign is defunct.
If you have NOT received your pledge, you must take a screen shot and forward it to me. I have a list of those who were sent packages, but not those who were not. I do not have the entire backer report. Also, if you ordered the King of Evil Dragons (your pledge was increased), send that also. The KoED will be handled separately.
The deadline to send your pledge is February 14, 2016.
Please feel free to repost this anywhere it will be viewed by potential D&D backers.
If you are a Tome of Horrors (I, II, or both) backer, information on that will follow in the next few days.

PACESETTER GAMES ACQUIRES PROPERTIES OF CENTER STAGE MINIATURES
January 28, 2016 – The Bankruptcy Trustee has confirmed that he shall not administer the remaining assets of Center Stage Miniatures, and filed a No Asset Report on January 28, 2016, with the Court. In light of the intellectual property rights and claims asserted against some of the molds, he apparently concluded it would be too difficult and expensive to sell all remaining assets free and clear of all such claims. Furthermore, CSM’s attorney speculates that the best purchase offer the Trustee received would most likely be exceeded by costs and expenses of Estate administration.
CSM’s attorney explains that when a Bankruptcy Trustee “abandons” assets in this way, they are necessarily abandoned to the former principal(s) of a Debtor corporation or to the debtor in an individual case. They are not simply discarded.
Upon the filing of the No Asset report in the Bankruptcy Court, Pacesetter Games & Simulations immediately assumed control of former Center Stage Miniatures (“CSM”) properties, both physical and intellectual. No financial remuneration has been paid for this arrangement, with the exception of a small rental reimbursement for the storage and preservation cost of CSM property pending final disposition of the corporate bankruptcy case. Under Bankruptcy law, the cost of such storage costs is statutorily reimbursable in the event the assets were ultimately administered for distribution to creditors.
“Providing value to former CSM customers is critical, despite the closure of the company. And I believe Pacesetter Games’ priority has always been to do the right thing,” said Matt Solarz, former CEO of Center Stage Miniatures. “Principal Pacesetter owner, Bill Barsh, has a long history of working with people in the “old school” gaming renaissance, and he is deeply committed to the hobby.”
More news will be forthcoming from Pacesetter Games & Simulations at a later date.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And a follow up to post on Dragonsfoot:

Well, yes. Every figure CSM had available, at any time, will soon be available at pacesettergames.com Some are already up and available. It will take some time to get everything up and available. But, we are working toward that end.

Thanks,
Bill

So many games, so little time.
-----------------------------------
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Terrain_Specialties/index.php?act=idx

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Former Center Stage Miniatures available through Pacesetter Games
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:44:04 PM »
Interesting to know. They had some nice minis. A pity that the Kickstarter was so unsuccessful.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:08:17 PM »
The miniatures that I had gotten from the first kickstarter were defenilty nice. It was indeed a shame that the owner was not really capable of running a bussiness. I guess he was to much a hobbyist, Exactly the reason I'll never starter selling miniatures.

I'm happy that Pacesetter games got the range and that the models get released after all. I look forward to the Tome of Horror range and king of evil dragons and hope that those also will have a nice price tag for the people that had supported the kickstarter campaign.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline barbaric splendor

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:11:51 AM »
Good to know - there some really nice miniatures among those, glad to be able to have a chance to get them after all!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 09:28:03 PM »
If anyone spots the old metal magic knights and mages Center Stage sold I'd be very keen on a link. Couldn't find them. I ordered them all but got shafted by center stage. 😒
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline bbarsh

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 02:40:01 PM »
I wanted to just jump in real quick and let you know that Pacesetter has indeed acquired the CSM assets and we are moving forward with production of those figures as well new designs.
Our first order of business was to contact all the former backers of the various CSM KSs and do what we could. Right now we are in the final stage of completing the Tome of Horrors lines and shipping to former backers who re-ordered (we did a discount program that also includes some free figures).
When that is complete we will focus on some of the non-KS figures and get the entire line available. As of right now we have some general figures and the entire Demons & Devils line available.
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at bbarsh@pacesettergames.com

Respectfully,
Bill Barsh
Pacesetter Games & Simulations