Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:56:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kaiser and Affuns Sci-fi Challenge Log Extravaganza! (Update 3/11)  (Read 8072 times)

Offline kaiser

• Scientist
Re: Kaiser and Affuns Sci-fi Challenge Log Extravaganza! (Update 26/6)
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 06:37:48 PM »
We've been a little quiet and both owe a beer for missing a deadline. BUT I've painted three guys for the gang.

This guy is just called Psycho. He's an ex federal soldier who have devoted himself to body enhancing experiments. The powerfist pumps toxins into his body granting him superhuman strength. He is the gang's designated robot and powerarmor pacifier.

This one is Edward Robohands. All that really remains of Edward is his skull, brain and lungs, the rest is robotparts. He is armed with a laser gun and great strength.

The last one is the architecht behind all of these things. He is called Willy. And he will go to great lengths to obtain  knowledge and see an experiment through. His goal is eternal life.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
Re: Kaiser and Affuns Sci-fi Challenge Log Extravaganza! (Update 26/6)
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 06:59:18 PM »
Just stumbled over his thread. Fantastic stuff and love the back and two of the challenge. You are both turning out brilliant stuff. Such wonderfully characterful minis and conversions.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: Kaiser and Affuns Sci-fi Challenge Log Extravaganza! (Update 3/11)
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 05:54:58 PM »
As always happens whenever I do sci fi, I tend to drift over and suddenly just start painting fantasy miniatures again. I think it has something to do with fantasy as a genre being more firmly rooted and visualised in my mind.

But

With the lanch of the Rogue Stars nickstarter, which Ive been waiting for for ages, I felt like digging out some sci fi stuff again. Needing only around 5 minis for a gang, it seems sort of perfect for my butterfly-attention span.
I also guess both Kaiser and I owe each other a hell of a lot of beers by now. It might not be too healthy to collect on that  ;D

Enough jabbin' - Here's Doggo the Bruise, hardboiled dog-man mercenary of the outer rim colonies:

It's the Smudgester (B) mini from Hasslefree, which I picked up way back. It's honestly a bit of a travesty how long it's taken me to get him painted, as its a really nice and fun miniature.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Awesome 8).so much character in that model and ace paintjob
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »
Awesome 8).so much character in that model and ace paintjob

Thanks. Was also good fun to paint. When I saw the mini I knew that I needed it. Really is a wonder it's taken me so long to get around to it, but I tend to mostly play fantasy games.