Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Iron Duke /Mutineer Miniatures size comparison.  (Read 5178 times)

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Iron Duke /Mutineer Miniatures size comparison.
« on: June 01, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
For those who may be considering starting this period following the new Sharp Practice and forthcoming Tmwwbk rules,I thought a comparison shot between these two manufacturers may be useful.Brits painted by Jeff965,minis from my collection.I feel they match up quite well and look fine together on the tabletop.
Cheers
Keith.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Iron Duke /Mutineer Miniatures size comparison.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:53:48 AM »
Yep, can't see much wrong with mixing those. :)

Which is good news as Jimbibbly dived in and bought a regiment of Mutineer figures from the bazaar when we were initially discussing the project ;) lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:04:30 AM »
I was pressured into it  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »
I was pressured into it  lol

cheers

James
  lol It happens to the best of us  :D

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Lovely figures and superb paintjob!

I'm mixing both as well. The mutineer ones are a bit taller and heftier but once painted it's hard to notice.
Poses are a bit more 'static' than those from Iron Duke but that again makes for a nice variation.

One small thing though. There's a chance the mutineer sepoys in 'regular' uniform aren't sculpted completely correct. AFAIK the regulation uniform was a red coatee with turnbacks and white lacing on the chest. The Mutineer figures are wearing a short red? sort of shell jacket with braided cuffs and laced collars. No turnbacks and no lace on the front.

Of course this might be a garment I'm simply not aware of, but so far I haven't been able to find any reference for it.

Then again, those in dhoti and all the others are absolutely correct so they will make a nice addition to the Iron Duke range!

The AW range of Indian mutiny figures fits in great with Iron Duke being somewhat smaller and scrawnier than Mutineer.

Oddly enough their (AW) sepoys are sculpted with the same (incorrect?) jacket and obviously! incorrect muskets.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »

One small thing though. There's a chance the mutineer sepoys in 'regular' uniform aren't sculpted completely correct. AFAIK the regulation uniform was a red coatee with turnbacks and white lacing on the chest. The Mutineer figures are wearing a short red? sort of shell jacket with braided cuffs and laced collars. No turnbacks and no lace on the front.

Hi WillieB,thanks for the compliment. :)
I have quite a few Mutineer Miniature coatee sepoys and havnt noticed that error  ???
Do you know which codes these appear in,I'm curious now. Do you think it's the figures from the Rifle company pack you are speaking of,they are sculpted in a double buttoned jacket,different style from the battalion companies.  :)
Cheers
Keith
Then again, those in dhoti and all the others are absolutely correct so they will make a nice addition to the Iron Duke range!

The AW range of Indian mutiny figures fits in great with Iron Duke being somewhat smaller and scrawnier than Mutineer.

Oddly enough their (AW) sepoys are sculpted with the same (incorrect?) jacket and obviously! incorrect muskets.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »
A light bulb!

Amongst others I ordered MUT01(Sepoys in regular dress and  MUT 02 (sepoys in regular uniform and dhoti) The latter are perfectly fine complete with turnbacks and lace.
The former do indeed have a double breasted short jacket so perhaps I was send MUT 07 in error.
It is somewhat hard to believe they would make one correct and one wrong code of what is essentially the same figure.
If this is the case I can still 'save' my figures by simply painting them green instead of red!

What I'm going to do is order MUT 01 again in the next batch and see if they are 'correct'. I will definitely let you know.

The AW Miniatures sepoy figures are plainly wrong. Short jacket and the guns look like an old Charleville.
picture below.

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 06:33:54 AM »
Hi WillieB,yes you are probably correct,I think the figs you are querying are those from the light company pack Mut07,on the Mutineer site that pack is painted up as green uniform and black equipment so you should be ok.
I agree about the AW sepoys,it does seem as if the designer wasn't as accurate as he could have been in that instance.
However,I'm still not convinced about the light company jacket on the mutineer mini either,I've a nagging feeling now that there should be tails on that jacket too. ???
Perhaps another member may be able to clear this up for us.
Having said all that I'm happy to use my Light company sepoys from Mutineer as they are  anyway  :)
Cheers
Keith.

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:12:18 AM »
Hi Keith,

I think the confusion comes from the term 'Light Company'
Some of the Bengal Native Infantry regiments had either Light companies or Rifle companies ( some had both)

As far as I've been able to find out the Light companies had a standard red coatee with white wings added to the shoulders. Something like this.

The Rifle companies had a short dark green jacket with black leather belts much like the   British rifle regiments and the Gurkhas.

If that is the case, then the only mistake Mutineer Miniatures made is naming the green uniformed figures 'Light' instead of 'Rifle companies'

Online Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »

Yes I agree,light/flank/rifle it's a nightmare    lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:10:43 AM by Romark »