Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:05:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690801
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeonpunx Project Log  (Read 3823 times)

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
Dungeonpunx Project Log
« on: November 19, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
Figured here's as good a place as any to keep a project log of the stuff I'm building and putting together for my ongoing D&D/Frostgrave campaigns.

First up a couple of WIP models. Barrow warden and a Cleric. The Barrow warden is a cheap Reaper bones model. One of the better sculpts. My mate Chris painted these two and he said the only issue was some prevalent mould lines beneath the arms.
The cleric is an old citadel Disciple Of the Red Redemption. One of the few models that made it out of my childhood. Bought the blister box for this Regiment Of Reknown at the opening event of the Brighton Games workshop store back in the late 80's. Glad I've finally found a use for him in the present day!
I think these Jes Goodwin models have stood the test of time really well. I've got the champion knocking around somewhere too.

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
Re: Dungeonpunx Project Log
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
Couple more golden oldies! this pair of chaos centaurs were recently revived from hibernation with a lick of paint courtesy of Ben Midgard!

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 02:23:15 PM »
One more. This little fellow was the first miniature I ever owned from the Fantasy regiments box that I split with the kid next door when I was 11. I had the dwarves, Dark Elves and Skaven whilst he had the orcs, gobboes and wood elf archers. My friend Paul painted this one as I couldn't bare to do it in case I ruined him. I think he managed to inject some character into a fairly pedestrian plastic mini!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
LOOKIN' GOOD! You have a nice selection of COOL old minis, all SPLENDIDLY painted. Keep up the GREAT WORK!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:39 AM »
Have not updated this in a minute, here's some more bits and pieces:
Better pics of the finished cleric, wyvern and barrow warden and a cool little mage from Midlam. More to follow

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
My project log is up on my blog. I've set myself a challenge to try and reduce my pile of shame this year and get stuff together for Frostgrave/Dragon Rampant/D&D http://www.corehammer.com/2016-oath-of-moment-challenge-aka-the-yearly-attempt-to-eat-my-hat/

Offline Globlin

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
Nice bunch of miniatures! I've made a similar promise myself this year to actually reduce lead mountain instead of adding to it. Good luck with your challenge!
Adventures? Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:14:18 PM »
Nice miniatures! I like the title of your thread as well.

The Oath of Moment is a cool concept, but I wouldn't last... I've found the most efficient way for me to kill enthusiasm and motivation is to try and stick to a plan. Good luck on this years Oath, though! I'm looking forwards to seeing the fruits of your labours.

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 08:23:28 AM »
Nice miniatures! I like the title of your thread as well.

The Oath of Moment is a cool concept, but I wouldn't last... I've found the most efficient way for me to kill enthusiasm and motivation is to try and stick to a plan. Good luck on this years Oath, though! I'm looking forwards to seeing the fruits of your labours.

I definitely feel that. I normal despise imposing restrictions upon myself preferring to paint what other takes my fancy at any given moment, but I really wanna get some war bands together so I've gotta try and curb my wantoness!!!

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
I understand the need to get something completed, that's the downside of painting what I feel like, when I feel like it.
I'm just "lucky" I hardly ever get a game in, so the urge to complete an army is less pressing for me*. But I've had the luck that the last year or two I've been fairly consistently focussed on fantasy stuff, allowing me to make, if not a dent in Mt. Lead, at least a noticeable increase in the amount of painted stuff.

Come to think of it, I may have informally declared an Oath of Moment myself for this year, as I have resolved to focus on building more scenery this year.

*: Frostgrave may have changed that though. Just need to figure out and collect a suitable warband.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 01:02:52 PM by Modhail »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »
COOL STUFF! Both the Wyvern & the  Holy Guy are BEAUTIFULLY painted. OUTSTANDING WORK!
It's either the angle of the photo or my strange out look, but the Wyvern looks like he's sitting on a tree limb gangling his feet.

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 04:14:11 PM »
COOL STUFF! Both the Wyvern & the  Holy Guy are BEAUTIFULLY painted. OUTSTANDING WORK!
It's either the angle of the photo or my strange out look, but the Wyvern looks like he's sitting on a tree limb gangling his feet.

Yeah the model came with the tree limb thing attached to the base, I guess to give the impression of a swooping posture. I think it looks kinda weird personally like he's got a tree growing out of his arse.

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »
New additions to my D&D stuff courtesy of Ben Midgard painting.
All the models are hasslefree with the exception of the Huggin warlock which is a hawkman from Darksword and the Jarl is a Viking Chieftain from Foundry. Cheers for looking.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 11:36:26 PM »
Those Hasslefree miniatures will make some cool adventurers-antagonists. The swordman on the right reminds me of the elf guy from Hellboy 2.

Offline coreammer73

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 12:35:06 PM »
Couple of new additions to the D&D stuff. Oldhammer guys this time along with some plastic militia!