Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pure School.  (Read 1738 times)

Offline zellak

• Assistant
Pure School.
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »
So this is the idea.

When you create your Wizard you get all the spells of your school but none of the other schools.

Your  Wizard can never learn any spells of other schools.

You get +2 to cast spells of your School.   

What do you think....to hard to play ??????

Open to Munchkin abuse ??????

North Ayrshire Wargames Club.

Offline zellak

• Assistant
Re: Pure School.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:48:20 AM »
Oh ! .................And it makes working out a starting Wizard easy as your 8 spells are already fixed.   :)

Offline ChaosChild

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:37:40 AM »
Biggest problem I can see is that you're only one spell away from Transcendence. Campaign could be over after game 1.

Offline Like_Clockwork

• Bookworm
  • "The only way to meet your equal, is to become it"
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 02:30:36 AM »
True ^

It also takes away from the core aspect of the game. Every school still seems to have different styles, some Illusionists play more aggressively, Enchanters can be constructs or boosters, etc.
If you start with every spell, your wizard is no longer YOUR wizard, and has little room to grow.

It's a neat thought, and hell, maybe it is fun. But that is just my opinion. If you have more ideas, I have a thread that I'm hoping to get more people on, its just down a few, simply called Frostgrave Ideas

Thank you,
Like Clockwork
I do hope you enjoyed reading whatever it is I have typed, I likely put some thought into it, and appreciate when others look into my brain and go, "Huh, okay"

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:17:03 AM »
In regular games I'd have to say NO... But if everyone goes along with it well... "It is your game after all" ...

On another note I am going to be playing a game this weekend similar to this concept, here's the premise to the game... "A powerful Necromancer has risen an army of undead and its your warbands job of stopping him!"
Now this Necromancer knows all the spells for his school and no others. He will have an army of skeletons; regular, armored and archers. Plus a champion or 3 that will follow the rules for frost wraiths out of the Thaw of the Lich Lord book.
Both of my opponents will be starting new warbands and since my summoner is at level 6 I want to give them some kind of challenge without advancing my warband plus it'll give me an excuse to play with all my newly painted undead mini's. And on another note if by chance the Necromancer happens to win the game it'll set off a great start to play the Lich lord campaign.

Weez

Offline zellak

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
ChaosChild  :   Aye,  that's true    :)   ....if you use transcendence (optional rule )

Like _Clockwork :  I seen your thread, Thanks for the invite.  :) 

( I have level 52 Summoner and level 42 Sigilist and was looking to find alternative ways to play....looking forward to the Beast Crafter..... )   I LOVE this game.  :D

Weezbeez37  :   There are always people who will say NO......but Thanks for your input. 

Your idea looks good, though 3 Frost Wraiths a Necromancer and an army of undead minis might be a bit much for two starting warbands.     >:D