Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Necromancer paint scheme ideas  (Read 4413 times)

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
Re: Necromancer paint scheme ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2016, 11:34:12 PM »
What might be a silly question while I remember, whats the best way to get the most out of a box of cultists? How many of each soldier type should I do? Two thugs/thieves/archers/crossbowman/infantryman/man at arms seems like a good idea, not 100% sure what I will do with the eight models I'd have left

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:37 AM »
What might be a silly question while I remember, whats the best way to get the most out of a box of cultists? How many of each soldier type should I do? Two thugs/thieves/archers/crossbowman/infantryman/man at arms seems like a good idea, not 100% sure what I will do with the eight models I'd have left

It depends on how many warbands you are trying to build.  I'm starting with ten for my Thaumaturge warband, and build four Thugs, two Men-at-Arms, two Infantry, and two crossbowmen.  I'm going with a militant theme, so stuck with the more soldierly classes (Thugs instead of Thieves, etc.).

Offline punkrabbitt

• Scientist
  • Let's do this!
    • Punkrabbitt Publishing
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 01:55:44 AM »

It also depends on how you want to run your warband... if you want mobility and covering fire, the combination of 3 archers, 4 Thieves, and 2 War Hounds leaves enough gold to buy your Wizard a healing potion for the first game.
Hi! I'm Harry. I am a hobby addict; I game sci-fi, fantasy, and historical (including Ancients, Dark Ages, Renaissance, and World War II Manchukuo.)

Please visit my OSR products for sale at www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/17194/Punkrabbitt-Publishing

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »
It depends on how many warbands you are trying to build.  I'm starting with ten for my Thaumaturge warband, and build four Thugs, two Men-at-Arms, two Infantry, and two crossbowmen.  I'm going with a militant theme, so stuck with the more soldierly classes (Thugs instead of Thieves, etc.).
Only my one necromancer warband, just wanna make sure I have enough of everything that I can accommodate to a growing/changing warband when I start getting games in

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 10:34:22 PM »
With the zombie and skeleton bits included on the cultist sprue, you could make up a few undead to add to your bestiary. Always useful for a necromancer or for a wandering monster.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 11:09:38 PM »
Wizard is done, neither massively pleased or displeased with him, but at least he is done and will do for now

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 11:12:43 PM »
With the zombie and skeleton bits included on the cultist sprue, you could make up a few undead to add to your bestiary. Always useful for a necromancer or for a wandering monster.
Got some GW zombies and skeletons already done from ages ago for such purposes luckily XD