Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Cascadia (Russian Federation Troops)  (Read 4870 times)

Offline arget8

• Scientist
Re: My Cascadia (Russian Federation Troops)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 04:12:47 PM »
I would say that you could use USMC bodies with US Army heads. This will give them the look of older weapons of the national guard (M16) with different helmets from the California Republic. Alternatively, you could use Russian or British heads. The British ones have Berets and the Russians have beanies. Also there are the Boonie caps from the USMC sets. Maybe Eureka Afghan National Army? Also, Spectre has some African forces and rebels, some of which could be useful.

As to western insurgents, for now Spectre is really the only option as most others are clearly either African or Middle Eastern. A lot of their Insurgent and MENA ranges will work. Also, some of their plainclothes Spetsnaz and some of the Criminal element range will work. For more professional units, you could use their Tier 1 operators, Deniable Operators, Agents, and a couple of their Undercover Operators.

As a side note, for civilian vehicles, Spectre has their SUV and their Hulix technical on the way, but it looks like they have some short term plans for different pickups and they might bring back the PMC pickup. Also, Evil Bear has a 4x4 that looks to be about the size of an F250 or so. Matt has made a very nice truck for a very reasonable price. I just picked up two of them. I would recommend ordering in the near future as the pound is down and he only has periodic stock for now. He also has some nice armored vehicles that could be used by other nations to distinguish them too.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Online Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 04:52:11 PM »
I've been following this thread from just north of your proposed Cascadia (but I secretly think that Cascadia should annex Vancouver).  Cool stuff.

But still undecided on the Deseret Navoo Legion troops. They Practices "Hybrid warfare", with lots of irregulars, and homemade armored Vehicles. With the Core of there regular force brigaded in Salt Lake to me used for offense or Defense..
I am thinking that there regulars will of course be uniformed, but who should I use for them.
 And figuring out modern western Insurgents is a pain. Might try to use some of the plain clothed Specter and Empress Spec ops guys. >:(
the Insurgents will do double duty as Idaho and Jefferson separatists and Alaskan rebels.

I'd start with pretty much any line of cowboys for the Deseret irregulars, or any irregulars/militia types.  Of course modern western militia types will have AR15 clones so the Winchesters from 19th century cowboys will not be right, but the clothing will be pretty much bang on.  If you go with the Spec Ops or civilian contractor types, make sure you do head swaps; give them good ol' boys some cowboy hats!  (or CAT ballcaps).

Another source for uniformed troops would be Vietnam-era figures. 

Years ago I remember watching a miniseries about a modern US civil war (the Second Civil War, 1997).  They gave different camo types to make it clear which side each group of soldiers were on.  The government troops had Gulf War era chocolate chip camo, and the Idaho National Guard were in woodland pattern, IIRC.  With the plethora of US Army, USMC and other camo patterns available, you can get several different factions represented while still using the same basic figures.

Keep up the great project!

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 05:01:47 PM »
Oh, don't forget the Skirmish Sangin Rangers as well. Good 90's era US Army that would not be terribly uncommon in this situation with a lot of that equipment still in depots and surplus stores.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
Lots of good ideas.
Need to source some trunker caps and Stetsons. Preferably with out having to start choping heads off of my cowboys.
As for anexing Vancouver, I will have to finish off my not us Army( Cascade) and not USMC( California) and Russians first.
But,  battle rattle is supposed to be making modern Canadian troops at the moment. I would like to think that Cascade and Canada can be friends. But we can not ignore the crys of oppression from are Cascadean kindred over an imaginary  border drawn on a map!
We who share the same waters, the same rain, trees, an offenty for craft beers,  coffee , wearing hikeing apparel and flannel year round will not be ignored!
Hell sounds like a good excuse to had the Canadians and Cascadian troops skirmish on the borderlands.

Say could go even more off the make and say the UK,  Canada, Australia and New Zealand form  a new union and have Anzac and UK forces fighting in this mess to. 
I honestly really do not know how a complete break up of the US would affect Canadian. I the world's economy would be in the crapper for a bit though.
Damn it,  need to do the PLA too. 
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
If you have cataclysmic changes in the USA (and breaking into a dozen or so new countries definitely counts!), then Canada and Mexico will be impacted. 

There's an interesting theory that goes along the lines that North America's natural geographic divisions run more or less north-south, but the history of the continent has resulted in borders running east-west.  There's an element of the BC population (esp near the coast, say Vancouver/Victoria/Vancouver Island) that identify more closely with Washington/Oregon/Northern California, but not so much with the US as a whole.  Of course Haida Gwaii (once known as Queen Charlotte Islands) would probably want to go it alone as a independent nation - they could be the equivalent of the Iron Islands! 

We who share the same waters, the same rain, trees, an offenty for craft beers,  coffee , wearing hikeing apparel and flannel year round will not be ignored!

This is what I mean.  Appeal to the people who think that BC means 'Beyond Canada'!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
The original Cascade movement from what I can see invisons starting at the Cal-Org boarder in the south and extending north all the way to the southern tip of Alaska.