Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:26:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Kickstarter from Manorhouse Workshop  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Cymril

• Librarian
New Kickstarter from Manorhouse Workshop
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:26:45 PM »
This Kickstarter looks very interesting:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manorhouse/3d-bases-modular-terrain/description

I can easily imagine this as a variable centerpiece for a Frostgrave table.
Has anyone ever bought from them and can tell something about the quality of their products in general?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: New Kickstarter from Manorhouse Workshop
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 09:14:19 PM »
What I can see looks interesting but my pc won't scroll down the page
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
Looks promising.

Offline Azzabat

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:16 AM »
Looks good, but I'd ideally want 9 tiles in a 3 x 3 layout for Frostgrave. I'll have to look at this in more depth to see if it's worth the financial outlay.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:47:13 PM by Azzabat »
I know the voices aren't real .... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:58:23 AM »
What I can see looks interesting but my pc won't scroll down the page

I had to wait a while before I could scroll down.....ad bloc was going on overdrive  :-[

Offline tomogui

• Scientist
  • Treading softly.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 02:03:27 AM »
I just backed it yesterday! Shipping to Oz will be a killer, but I've been closely following their leadup to the Kickstarter campaign, watching their development videos and such, and the product looks really sweet. I've always liked their designs.

Incidentally, they have a lot of 9-tile options (for a 3' by 3' table) - I went for the Abbey (6 tiles) plus a couple of flagstones and the broken column tile.

Now to wait a year...

Offline Tokhuah

• Assistant
  • Wicked Lich of the West
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 12:55:42 AM »
The shipping cost to the US makes this a nonstarter.

Even if shipping was in the realm of sanity, when I back a Kickstarter I always add 3-6 months to the Estimated Delivery.  And there-in is the second problem.  There is no way I can wait one year to get terrain pieces.
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.

Offline Azzabat

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:18:42 AM »
Likewise I've had bad experiences with delivery dates in the past from kick-starters. Unless it's something I really, really, REALLY want, I tend to wait until it comes out on general release.

These however have me 50/50. I can see the virtue in them, and they are quailty pieces ... but in 12 months time I may have moved onto a different system, finished my current campaign, or built something similar myself. So the jury is out for the next fortnight, by which time my decision may have been made for me. Either I'll wait for the retail ... or have bought the bloody lot on Kickstarter.    lol

Offline CthulhuPunk

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 02:05:19 PM »
Tokhuah - I'd check out the comments section, looks like they are working on making this US friendly quickly before they put more people off. So should be closer to what I'd pay being in UK.

I've backed, but may withdraw before end. It looks great, especially the Abbey but I just wish it was more walkways, stairs and levels. The floor tiles look good too and are not bad value. Currently I am in for the Abbey (6 tiles) and another 3 matching floor tiles to make 3x3ft board. Really want to see where they go with the stretch goals. Some are just free, others you pay for.

I have also just ordered the gothic scenary pack from Escenorama which I am pretty sure will meet my needs better and offer more options, so really 50/50 still like a lot of people!
Follow more witterings on Twitter: @CthulhuPunk

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »
I was wondering when this would pop up on KS.  Nice to see them succeeding (and I have to say, quite surprised at the price).  For $100, six tiles to me is very reasonable.  I can't pledge at the moment (no funds) but I hope this means they'll be available for normal retail purchase eventually.  I think the product looks excellent and I'd like to see Manorhouse Workshop succeed as they really put out some nice stuff.

Does look quite excellent for Frostgrave if I'm honest.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Tokhuah

• Assistant
  • Wicked Lich of the West
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 04:06:43 PM »
@CthulhuPunk: Thank you for the heads up on the shipping discussion.  Worth looking at for that to see what they offer.  The product does look good and if the delivery was in 2016 it would be hard to resist.