Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:03:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691128
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A sickly necromantress  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
A sickly necromantress
« on: June 23, 2016, 06:31:17 AM »
This is a reaper figure.  I was told to paint it so that it didn't look too sexy.  I went for a sickly, out of the sun look and I think it worked out okay. 

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
Re: A sickly necromantress
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:47:17 AM »
Looks good and not too sexy!   :D

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
Very good paintjob on a very nice miniature. I seem to have missed her - I certainly would have bought her too.

Looks good and not too sexy!   :D

I think that even Necromantesses are obliged to look appealing if they appear on my gaming table (and black clothing isn´t a necessity at all  :D ), therefore here are mine:

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:35:15 AM »
I've always found the whole skull motif on undead armies a bit stupid.  I would think that if someone were to become a necromancer they probably wouldn't care much about what they were wearing and they really wouldn't care what their soldiers were wearing.

I can't imagine they would be animating 20 skeleton blacksmiths to pound out skull bosses for shields or the like.

It just makes sense to me that the undead armies would fight wearing whatever it was they were buried in and fight with whatever weapons they could get their hands on.  Also it never really made sense that they would be armoured as you would remove most armour before you buried someone, unless they were from some pile of dead warriors in some cataclysmic battle that was in a remote place and no one survived. 

Or your necromancer is hanging around all kinds of dodgy places waiting for people to be killed by nature.

So the bright colours on necromancers work for me.  They just picked up whatever cloth was at hand to wear, or not wear as is the case with your pair.  Or pair of pairs.

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
I agree undead armies would not look pretty and recruits would come-as-you-are. Using unfaded colours to contrast the living necromancers/resses is a great idea and they look fab.
I've used a similar technique with my 'Army of Anubis' which contrasts the living elements (Anubis, jackal warriors and giant scarab) with the undead by using a lot of rotted leather and verdigris tones and even though there are a few skull motifs in the mix  :( I've tried to minimise these as far as possible...
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 02:31:44 AM »
The odd skull motif doesn't really bother me.  Human armies in the real world used skulls with some frequency so it wouldn't be odd to see some of the undead with skulls on their kit.  I just don't like seeing it so uniform and dominating. 

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 03:14:33 AM »
Human armies in the real world used skulls with some frequency

Any excuse...

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.