Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for starter GW LotR sets  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Alatar

• Lurker
Looking for starter GW LotR sets
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »
Hi all,

A friend recommended that I register here.  I have the Mines of Moria and the Escape from Goblin Town box sets from Games Workshop, and I'd like to start collecting more.  Ideally character figures rather than armies, but I'm willing to consider anything at the right price.  Also perfectly happy to take Plastic as well as metal figures.

Let me know if you have an old boxful gathering dust that you'd like to get rid of!

Thannks,
Alatar

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
Re: Looking for starter GW LotR sets
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »
I think the Mines of Moria and Escape from Goblintown were the only starter sets that came with characters.  The three LOTR starters just came with warriors (Fellowship Starter = Last Alliance/Moria Goblins, Two Towers Starter = Riders of Rohan/Uruk-hai, Return of the King Starter = Warriors of Minas Tirith/Mordor Orcs).  

There were some box sets that came with characters (off hand, the original metal Fellowship (fellowship), Breaking of the Fellowship (Fellowship), Heroes of Helms Deep (Aragorn, Legolas, Théoden, Hama, Eowyn), Warg Attack (Théoden & Aragorn, mtd), Forbidden Pool (Frodo, Sam, Golum, Faramir, Damrod), Scouring of the Shire (Sharky/Saruman, Worm/Grima, and mtd Frodo, Sam, Pippen, and Marry).

I think most or all of the other characters were only ever available in blisters or clam shells.

I may have one or two duplicate characters sitting at home.  I'll have to check.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:55:11 PM by mdauben »
Mike

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Looking for starter GW LotR sets
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 11:15:34 AM »
Firstly; welcome to the LAF; You can log out, but you can never leave... :D

Best thing to do is either post your question again in the Wanted section of the Bazaar (scroll down on the forum's start page and you can't miss it), or ask the local moderator to move your thread there (by sending him a PM).

GW LotR miniatures show up regularly in the For Sale section as well, so there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for sooner or later.

And, as is the unwritten rule; once you get them painted, also post them for us to gawk at... ;)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!