Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:55:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any Italian LAFers willing to help in ordering a book?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Any Italian LAFers willing to help in ordering a book?
« on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »
After some searching, found a copy of Armi E Armati nell’Italia dei Secoli XV-XVI, by Antonio G.G. Merendoni for € 13,00. Since I've ordered items from the mainland Europe before, expected to pay as much ore slightly more than the price of the book in shipping, but in this instance it was  € 23/ €30. :o

Can't find this title on Abebooks and etc., so are there any Italian LAFers willing to purchase and ship it to me, either from Italy, if shipping is cheaper than Unilibro's or from the UK? I could Paypal the total...

Offline italian

• Assistant
Re: Any Italian LAFers willing to help in ordering a book?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »
Condottiere, the book is sold out from the editor (see http://www.ilcerchio.it/armi-e-armati-nell-italia-dei-secoli-xv-xvi.html)
Unilibro signals it to order and available in 8 days (intending the necessary time to receive it from the publisher).
Unless you find it immediately available in a bookshop you can only try to find an used copy or wait to see if the editor print it again.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you need any help about this.
Regards

Diego

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 04:03:47 AM »
Condottiere, the book is sold out from the editor (see http://www.ilcerchio.it/armi-e-armati-nell-italia-dei-secoli-xv-xvi.html)
Unilibro signals it to order and available in 8 days (intending the necessary time to receive it from the publisher).
Unless you find it immediately available in a bookshop you can only try to find an used copy or wait to see if the editor print it again.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you need any help about this.
Regards

Diego
Thanks for letting me know about the book being OOP, as a refund would take almost a month and don't want to repeat the experience: found a new copy at RRP of Clemente Manenti's Castles in Italy: The Life of Noble Families in a Swedish online store, took weeks for a refund, after realizing, despite listed as available. Eventually found a new copy in an online Spanish language bookstore in California.

Unfortunately, neither Amazon, Abebboks and Alibris lists this title in any condition and since it's a non-English niche work, I doubt it'll be in any of the used bookstores in Boston.  :-[

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:45:19 PM »
hello
i find one copy in amazon Italy

https://www.amazon.it/Armi-armati-nellItalia-secoli-XV-XVI/dp/8584740643/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1467743572&sr=1-1&keywords=Armi+e+armati+nell%27Italia+dei+secoli+XV-XVI

the cost is about 15€ but sending them to USA will take about the double
otherwise i can order a copy for you receive it at my physical adress for 2,90€..and then send it to you...but i suppose that the cost for USA will be in any case a killer
I've the same problems with US made  minis..i would have loved very much place orders from my favourite 2 miniature manufacture..which happen to be in US...Askari and Old Glory...but in those last years the cost of sending goods trough the Ocena is crazy

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:55:04 PM »
i've just  had a glance at postal fees from Italy to USA....don't know about weight and size of the book...but if it is between 350 g and 1000g as i presume it'll cost about 13€..but i'm speaking of unregistered mail...anyway i  suppose that nobody, in this Bandit Country as is Italy, nobody will stole a book lol

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 09:48:49 AM »
The Royal Mail in the UK treats printed material differently from other stuff.

I sent a book to mainland Europe recently, that was just over 2kg when wrapped. At normal rates it would have been over £30 (didn't qualify as a small parcel any more). At printed paper rates it came back down to about £14.

It's worth checking if your postal service has separate rates for books, as they're likely to be a lot cheaper if they do.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »
here they don't ....there is , carefully shadowed,  special fee (printed material)  only for domestic sendings...and, from personal experience, they try in every way..once you are in the postal office..to do not allow you to take advantage of it..plus there are quite a few chances that the postman will trow it away instead of carrying it
..i'm sad to confess that  i really live in an under developped  "bandit country"