Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690458
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 715
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Shattered Void - Sci-fi Dogfighting Tabletop Wargame (+ 28mm!)  (Read 4957 times)

Offline overwatch

• Assistant
Hiya folks! I've not had much chance to visit LAF recently after my cyberpunk thread due to multiple reasons, one of them being... *Drum roll please*

I'd just like to casually drop in here our (White Dragon Miniatures) 2nd Kickstarter campaign in which we want to bring our tabletop wargame, Shattered Void, into production! Having been at Salute showing off the game for 4 years now we're pleased to finally have the opportunity to bring it to Kickstarter.

Like our previous Kickstarter campaign, a range of 15mm Sci-Fi miniatures, we've made sure all the miniatures (plus stretchgoal unlockable ones) have been sculpted, 3d printed and initial production casts produced which means we're pretty much ready to go!

Head on over and check it out and apologies if Kickstarter isn't your thing!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wdm/shattered-void-the-sci-fi-dogfighting-tabletop-war

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:42:22 PM by overwatch »

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
Looks nice and I like the idea.  Reminds me of Battle Star Galactica from when I was a kid.

I wonder if Cold Navy ships could be used in there, too. 

Probably wrong scale, huh...?

Offline dwartist

• Mastermind
    • DWARTIST'S PAINTING BLOG
I can attest to the quality of these little beauties having received a few pre-production samples over the last couple of years (coincidentally I've just gloss varnished another one ready for a few decals) and here's the blog entry i did at the time with pics of the Draconis Interceptor. http://dwartist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-draconus-class-interceptor.html

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Agreed - indeed a very high quality product!

I would like however a more open game idea, let us create out own fighters!
There are so many great models around without rules, would be cool to use them.

And let's face it - they are not going to top X-Wing!
;)

Anyway - backed it.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline overwatch

• Assistant
Thank you kindly for the words folks, greatly appreciated!
Each ship varies in size, typically the smaller fighters are roughly 3.5cm - 4cm long where-as some of the larger ships will be around 10cm - 15cm+!

While we understand that X-Wing is a huge game we are not competing against it as such, (sadly for us) we began development on Shattered Void long before X-Wing was even announced, doh! We do feel the two games are completely different in pretty much every aspect apart from two; One... It's in space!, Two... There's spaceship blowing eachother up. Shattered Void has been created to cater towards the wargamer and hobbyist and it also gives us an excuse to create some awesome looking ships, no?  lol

We've just put an update up on the page with the Kickstarter Edition of the Rules alongside showing off the Third Race, the Astivar Collective which will unlock upon reaching goal as a "thank you" to our backers!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wdm/shattered-void-the-sci-fi-dogfighting-tabletop-war/posts/1619222

We've also shown off some of the upcoming Primary Stretchgoals so again, our backers can see what we've got to come! The Astivar are rather scale-generic so can be used not just for Shattered Void but other space combat games, in 15mm games as evil robot overlords or even in 28mm as Drones!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:25:05 PM by overwatch »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
... The Astivar are rather scale-generic so can be used not just for Shattered Void but other space combat games, in 15mm games as evil robot overlords or even in 28mm as Drones!

My 1st thought exactly! :)
You were kind enough to put one in a 15mm infantry shipment, have to paint it asap as a 28mm drone!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
I would like however a more open game idea, let us create out own fighters!
There are so many great models around without rules, would be cool to use them.
Whilst the miniatures are very cool (I remember dwartists painted one only too well), Id need to know more about the rules and for the system to be an open game with ship design. I getting tired of having so many minis with no games to represent them.

Offline Lysander

• Assistant
There was an exceptional looking EEF corvette (and a bomber) I recall seeing that was associated with this line.  Will those possibly be releases as various stretch goals are met?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:57:36 PM by Lysander »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Whilst the miniatures are very cool (I remember dwartists painted one only too well), Id need to know more about the rules and for the system to be an open game with ship design. I getting tired of having so many minis with no games to represent them.

1) While the first video on the KS campaign is more about the fluff, there's a video further along that shows some of the game play.

2) There's a downloadable copy of the rules as he links above; I commented elsewhere they could use a 'printer-friendly' version. And, I've a special, NSFW, message for whomever designed the pagination of the PDF.  >:(

I also said how I thought these would mesh with the Star Crush figs I supported in another KS. Those feel very 'not-X-Wing', and I'd have no issues proxying those in if I were an X-Wing player. Otherwise, plenty of other roll-your-own systems, so that's no constraint to me.

Right now, I'm still on the fence, but that's because I'm no painter.

Doug

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Looks cool, love those miniatures! But too similar to existing stuff to get my wallet out. Casting by Prodos I see...
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline overwatch

• Assistant
Re: [Kickstarter] Shattered Void - Sci-fi Dogfighting Tabletop Wargame
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »
Hi folks,

First off, I'll just leave this here-...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wdm/shattered-void-the-sci-fi-dogfighting-tabletop-war/posts/1621884

Secondly! We've put an update out today which covers several of the aspects that people have asked questions about. The first being a Black and White ruleset for people to peruse and save on ink and toner.
The Bomber and Corvette's will be available for purchase as the campaign progresses along with all the other items so no worries on that front!

Thanks again for the feedback chaps, keep it coming!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Wow, those are some great looking ships! It's not a game type or a scale that I'm interested in, but well done and best of luck with the kickstarter.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Wow, those are some great looking ships! It's not a game type or a scale that I'm interested in, but well done and best of luck with the kickstarter.

K, it's already funded...  ;)

Maybe you'll have to start selling your 'blessings.'  lol

Doug

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Re: [Kickstarter] Shattered Void - Sci-fi Dogfighting Tabletop Wargame
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »
Casting by Prodos I see...

This.

I'm tempted, quite like the idea of these types of games but that gives me pause. Granted my only knowledge of Prodos really is from occasional glances at the lengthy thread on here so I may be out on a limb, but would I be taking my wallet into risky territory here? (If anyone has any thoughts and wants to reply by PM rather than going off-topic/detracting from the KS thread fair enough!)

Offline overwatch

• Assistant
Hiya folks,
We've recently put up a revised Stretchgoal plan alongside the preview of several new Squadrons.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wdm/shattered-void-the-sci-fi-dogfighting-tabletop-war

As for the "Prodos Question" TheBlackCrane, I'll do my best to answer here.

There has indeed been several threads over the last few years in regards to Prodos and as such some people are understandably weary whenever they are involved, due to the AvP Kickstarter. The Games department of Prodos have now rebranded themselves if I remember rightly and we only deal with the separate part of their business which is the Casting and 3D Printing side.

Our previous Kickstarter last year was produced by Prodos Games and we had zero issues with them. Our Kickstarter was fulfilled in an incredibly short amount of time compared to many campaigns these days as we have a habit of going out of our way to make sure everything is in place before putting it out to the world. Shattered Void is no different, all of the ships have been modelled, 3D Printed and had test production runs cast so all we need to do is get a final number to send to Prodos for them to produce. This minimises all of the risks to the backers and means we can be confident in getting the miniatures out on time with no issues.

Sadly in the current day and age with people screaming blue murder at Prodos for their previous issues (which I am not defending, I'd also be incredibly narked with what happened with the AvP kickstarter) there seems to be a mass avoidance of anything with their name added on. At the end of the day, we're proud of the quality of casts that are produced in the large quantities they provide and we (White Dragon Miniatures) have had no issues with them at all over our last 4 years of doing business with them.

I hope that goes some way to alleviating the pressure and I sincerely hope you support our small business in the future! :)

Our previous campaign that we ran last year can be viewed here for reference;
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wdm/marine-tactical-unit-15mm-scale-miniatures