Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:33:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Carry Cases for SAGA  (Read 2319 times)

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
Carry Cases for SAGA
« on: July 01, 2016, 04:24:28 PM »
What carry cases do people use/recommend for use with SAGA models? I've got Scots and I'm wondering if they will fit most cases/foam trays that say they are made for 28mm minis, considering a fair few models I have, their poses with their spears differ from spear at their side, to being pointed violently towards people. Can anyone recommend anything in particular? KR cases and Feldherr seem quite popular.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Carry Cases for SAGA
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:52:13 PM »
KR is what I use. Soft foam is good for exactly the problem you describe. In fact I'm on a train right now with my KR backpack, and my one case inside has easily over a hundred models of diffrent shapes and sizes.

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 09:20:07 PM »
What matters more in this situation is the foam. I recommend foam that is taller than your figures, so they stand upright. 1 1/2" should do it. I use pluck foam, with a 3" long "trench", and put 3 figures to a trench, with the "stabby" spearmen in the middle, and the "resting" (spears upright) on the ends. My spearmen and polearm men go with me to the game store weekly for games, and I have yet to damage a spear during the last 2 years.

Offline ImperialMagnus

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:50:40 PM »
What matters more in this situation is the foam. I recommend foam that is taller than your figures, so they stand upright. 1 1/2" should do it. I use pluck foam, with a 3" long "trench", and put 3 figures to a trench, with the "stabby" spearmen in the middle, and the "resting" (spears upright) on the ends. My spearmen and polearm men go with me to the game store weekly for games, and I have yet to damage a spear during the last 2 years.
Recommend anywhere in particular to grab said pluck foam? Or just google it till I find a reasonable place to buy it?

Offline dbsubashi

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:42:19 AM »
Every company that makes cases makes pluck foam to go in them. Stateside, I recommend Sabol foam, aka Army Transport. However, Battlefoam is having a massive sale this weekend. I have found no better foam/case than Battlefoam, but many find them expensive. In UK I believe KR is the way to go. Good cases, good concept (foam goes into cardboard boxes, which go into bags. 1 bag, many load-outs.) Across the channel Feldherr is probably easier shipping cost-wise, and have very nice hard plastic cases big enough for Saga armies, small enough for easy handling.

Of course, if you already have a box/case, it may be best to buy foam that fits your box. Every one of the above companies makes their foam in different sizes, so find the one that matches your box.

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »
All the major transport players (KR, Battlefoam, Feldherr, etc) feature 28mm storage solutions, so really it comes down to aesthetic preference and price. I personally really like KR, although I have to admit the new cases from Games Workshop are also pretty nice.

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 09:39:41 PM »
You couldnt go far wrong with these cases from Tabletop Tyrant, Cases Here. I use them and there are fairly cheap and very durable. The Squire case is a good case that is hard plastic but flexible enough to support and allow access but the best for the price is the Kingmaker Case which is a fabric case with a shoulder strap and I find that you have get five infantry trays in there very easily without damaging anything. I like them

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »
If you already have cases for anything that has a series, it tends to be worth it to continue with it. I've mainly used Battlefoam because I can shift trays around as much as needed for various games. Plus with smaller games, you can pretty much pack an entire table into a single case...

Offline digid

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 05:09:36 AM »
I use battle foam, I have 4 cases, and all my armies have dedicated foam for them. Not the cheapest, but I have had good luck in protecting my figures. My favorite is the pre cut troop trays in 1.5 and 2 inches. They hold 72 models per tray. A small price to pay to protect all my hard work.

For the odd stuff like some terrain that I take to the store I make trays that same size as battle foam out of Foam Core and a glue it with a hot glue gun. Makes it much easier to take everything in 1 bag, and I can mix and match, and it all fits in the same case.

Dale