Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Potential for other games within Frostgrave setting?  (Read 4445 times)

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
Re: Potential for other games within Frostgrave setting?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 02:16:13 PM »
@bishop +1

I've already wrote up some additional rules for a post apocalyptic frostgrave without having to change anything from the original version, just make guns available for a price and keep everything else the same.
Once I have access to a computer I'm going to write up my ideas over on the post apocalyptic tales forum. Keep an eye open for it

Weez

Offline Vroomer

• Student
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »
A Card game like Dominion. A deckbuilder where you improve your warband with new members, spell and magic items.

Then that is NOT like Dominion... where you assemble a deck and don't use it.

Star Realms would be a better 'deck builder' where you use your deck against your opponent.

I don't like the open drafting mechanic of these games - prefer hidden information. But I like me some cards over dice any day. :D

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
What If: There was simply a source book with photos (No Rules) showcasing the Background, Setting and the miniatures used in different ways?

Like...
Set up for use in Fantasy Battles
Used at PC's in a Dungeon Crawl
Unique Locations in Frostgrave
Pictures of Modeled Boards with How-Tos

Offline steeldragon

• Librarian
    • IG :)
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:44 AM »
I like the idea of a fluff book with lots of art... I'm also thinking in a card based tavern brawl game and a construct arena game that might be with miniatures (that can be added as alternative constructs) or maybe could also work as a card based game. But imagine a customizable plastic kit where you can build one large construct, 2 medium and 4 small ones as your arena team, to battle your opponent in 30-45 minutes with minimum set up or maybe a small 45cm x 45cm board so it can be easily transported with minimum hassle.

Andres

Offline Steelwraith

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 02:35:48 AM »
I could see Pathfinder working as the RPG version of Adventures in Felstad, and it wouldn't be hard to do a treatment for Frostgrave using 'Age of Sigmar'. All one would need to do would be to factor out some of the spells.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 12:02:18 PM »
I could see Pathfinder working as the RPG version of Adventures in Felstad, and it wouldn't be hard to do a treatment for Frostgrave using 'Age of Sigmar'. All one would need to do would be to factor out some of the spells.

I think the crunchy rules of Pathfinder would be a disservice to the rules lite origins of Frostgrave. But I could see something like Fantasy Age or Savage Worlds. Or maybe even one of the retro clones of old school Dungeons and Dragons.