Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: High Octane battle report with [PICS]  (Read 5390 times)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
High Octane battle report with [PICS]
« on: January 21, 2009, 12:04:42 PM »
Well, last night we played two High Octane games again, I played my cousin FM and Braxandur played Malebolgia, here's the report of my game (unfortunately I don't know the names of FM's warriors and AFAIK his vehicles don't have names).

In this game I chose to attack a convoy owned by FM. FM deploys his defenders first and places all three Loot counters in his brown truck. I deploy my four vehicles and warriors on both sides of the table spaced quite far apart so I always have a vehicle ready for attack no matter how far FM moves.

I get the first turn and my first attempt is to ram Virgin Steele (the stripped Volvo) into the brown truck, but my turn fails and I move straight in front of the blue jeep. Persecutor (the guy with the red/white striped spandex pants) tries to board the jeep but fails.

The blue jeep rams Virgin Steele and Peter Buzz, the other occupant, is knocked out of the game. The jeep also tries to run over Persecutor, who suffers one wound. The blue jeep fails his net thrust move and spins. The rest of FM's gang gets a headstart, especially the green truck and the white car. The brown truck tries to get ahead but doesn't get very far.

Butch, the driver of Virgin Steele makes a complex move and shunts the brown truck, the fat guy is knocked out of the crew compartment. Butch tries to run him over but fails.

Down the road Carnivore (the tracked vehicle) aims for a T-bone on teh green truck but falls short, so Grinder (the guy with the chainsaw) and Pantera) the girl) board the white car instead. Unfortunately Grinder, despite his killer reputation and chainsaw, is kicked out of the car and out of the game. Ozzman (with the scatter gun) fires a shot at the green truck and scores a penetrating hit but does no actual damage.

Meanwhile, Fast Taker (the driver), driving Jag Panzer (the Jaguar) is ready for the attack...

He tries to ram the green truck head-on, but loses control of the vehicle in the last split second. Lunging at the truck in high speed the truck can't swerve away, and Jag Panzer collides head-on with the truck after all.

Both vehicles are immobilised and Jag Panzer is leaking fuel. Popefister (the passenger in Jag Panzer) sees this as an excellent opportunity to board the green Unimog, but fails.

In the next turn the fat guy boards Virgin Steele en knocks out both the driver (Butch) and the car. Popefister gets shot down and Pantera gets kicked out of the game in a viciously one-sided catfight. The brown turck makes a dash for the finish line with the loot, and while my fourth car is ready for attack in it's flank my leader decides it might be better to lick the wounds and try another day.
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
Re: High Octane battle report with [PICS]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »
I love that battle report awsome pics road rage at its finist.

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
Thanks, the games are highly enjoyable to play too, and they have a very nice flow of the 'story' 8)

Offline FM

• Student
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
My vehicles and warriors actually don't have names (yet). In my roster I always refer to them in descriptive terms. So "the fat guy" and "the white car" is fine with me.

But I guess I should give them names. Especially since they are doing so well lately  :)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:14:09 PM »
Report of the other game written by Malebolgia:

Malebolgia wrote:

Fuel Fight

34 AN (After Nuke)
Today we are heading for Old Crowleys...an ancient garage in the Wastelands. Rumours are there are still some rusty barrels with fuel around. We desparately need fuel...we are running low and the gang's getting angry. What kind of gang are we if we don't even have enough gas left to dominate our territory. We are going in tomorrow morning.

Crap! We're clearly not the only ones who heard the rumours about the gas. As soon as we came to Crowleys we saw the dust clouds in the distance...five dust clouds. Darn! Guedes, our eagle-eyed gunner quickly recognised them as the annoying Road Runners. These so called "Road Marshalls" are some of our enemies that vie for local domination. Fortunately we had the initiative. I roared to the driver of our car to race forwards towards that scary Trike with the minigun. We needed to take it out before it could unload its payload.

Unfortunately Guedes was too eager and he pulled the switch too fast. Dozens of spears flew forwards but they hit the dirt, falling short of the trike. Erzilie took his bike to the side to flank these mofos but after some accelerating he managed to spin...sucker. Danballa led the trike through the middle, ready to toast that annoying truck.
That darn trike unloaded its minigun on the van and blew up the speargun; Guedes was knocked down to the deck but fortunately no other shit was blown away. But then one of the bikes raced forwards until it was aside us. Some funny fat guy tried to jump unto our deck but I kicked him away. The biker pulled a sawn-off and then blew Diejuste in the chest with a load of rock salt. The fatso was blown to the deck...it was getting crowded with wounded lads!

The other two bikes and the big truck plowed forwards without doing anything. Now it was time for us!

Time for some serious ass-whooping! I jumped from the van and charged the annoying chubby. Hacking my sword into his gut I seriously wounded him but his enormous mass didn't look impressed. Legba kicked the peddle to the metal and tried to ram the trike with the van but the driver skillfully swerved aside. Guedes tried to shoot the trike with the shotgun but he missed. The trike then rode backwards, lining up, and shot the minigun again, blowing the gas engine apart! Mombu, our car, quickly became a wreck this way.

Damballa rode forwards, ending next to the truck. Gangan the juve swivelled the flamer to the side and gushed liquid death over the truck. Although nothing really happened, both the driver's compartment and the crew compartment were on fire. The flaming truck then quickly rode away, raking the trike with its sides, damaging the wheels. Erzilie kicked his bike around and rode towards the enemy biker. He blew the sawn-off into the bike, damaging it somewhat but not hurting it. The enemy replied by firing its twin-linked UZI but the low caliber guns couldn't do a thing against our sturdy steel horse. My fight between me and Chubby continued and I managed to hack more of the fat guy away. There was only little of mr. fat remaining and he knew his end was coming! Around us I saw the leader of the Road Runners coming towards us with UZI's blazing...but luckily he forgot to reload his guns before the battle! click...click...click!

Damballa saw the trike around the bend and saw a great oppertunity. He swivelled around the pile of garbage and Gangan flamed the trike. Unfortunately nothing really happened although both wheels and the driver were on fire. The flames quickly died though and the trike fired its scary gun again, damaging Mombu's wheels. Fortunately the trike was fine.

Erzilie swivelled around in his seat and blew his sawn-off into the bike again, blowing the thrusters away. The bike zoomed away and Erzilie knew he was safe for a while.
I finally finished off Chubby with a couple of blows and a short burst with my UZI. I rolled aside but couldn't evade the biker leader who crashed his bike into me. Fortunately he only grazed me and I was safe.

I watched him zoom around me and didn't see the group of fighters jumping on top of me. I dodged around and...

This is Damballa. After Papa Juju was pummelled to a bloody mess by the crazed Road Runners we decided to back off from the combat. I activated the trusters and sped away. Legba followed suit and far behind me Erzilie had some trouble evading the bikers but in the end he managed to get away. So in the end we lost our Leader. I decided to step in and to lead this bunch to a better place. We attracted two new brothers to our cause, a veteran and his young kid brother. They will be valuable assets to our small group. Guedes persuaded me to buy some extra ammo for the Spiker so we don't run out of spikes every gorram time after our first salvo.
Next time we will be ready for those darn Road Runners!

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
very cool very mad max :-*

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
I downloaded the rules from your link elsewhere and am eager to get them read (I just have to take the time to fnd and download Winrar, first...).

The game seems quite 'Mad Max' flavoured with lots of speed and action  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 02:44:18 PM »
That was indeed the intention, luckily it all worked out quite well, especially with the cool Ash Wastes scenarios 8)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 06:15:49 AM »
Seems like the Mad Max dial went to 11 in these battles; good show! :D

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
I went to the store for dog food yesterday and came back with a toy car lol the dog is okay my mom lives three blocks from me so I borrowed a cup of dog food.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
 lol

Last saturday I went also on a shopping spree an cellocted 11 more toy cars and a big mobile home (big enough for at least a groups of survivors to live in for a while during a zombie outbreak...

damn...  should probably ass dthose thing to my lead hauler score :S
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
Brax, can you send me a picture of the mobile home? I'm still looking for one in 1/43ish scale to convert to the Jurassic Park II Mobile Lab.

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
I'll try to take some pictures of my mobile homes when I back at my (not mobile) home

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »
Brax, can you send me a picture of the mobile home? I'm still looking for one in 1/43ish scale to convert to the Jurassic Park II Mobile Lab.

Hmmmm...  Our local toy shop has some, I have been pondering about getting...