Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:15:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot N' Skedaddle, 2nd Edition - Snake Oil Expansion PDF now available.  (Read 14276 times)

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
Re: Shoot N' Skedaddle, 2nd Edition (On sale now!)
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2016, 07:43:58 PM »
Oh my goodness! You have to find others of like mind. Gaming around your table, it would appear to me any way, would be a hoot. Just don't load the guns so you don't give a sore looser any ideas  :o ;) :D

I also have a collection of pulp game props  8)

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2016, 01:07:51 AM »
Happy to say just got email notification S&S has been shipped! 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2016, 01:49:24 AM »
Awesome, as always...hit me up here or on Facebook (or the blog) with any questions/comments/concerns!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2016, 03:59:26 AM »
Got mine today. I will post a review on my blog tomorrow.

Thoughts on it: Overall love the updated artwork and changes.

Wish the character cards were printed on a heavier card.

I splurged for the box, a bit disappointed on that, I was hoping for a cardboard box that would be a nicer storage box to keep stuff in. The box is small and rather thin card.

By no part any of your fault on the card and box materials, that is Game Craft, I feel I could have saved a few bucks on the box now. Plus the box could have gone into a cheaper priority mail box than the one they used and save customers a few bucks. I do plan to send them feedback.

Now on to the meat of  a question; On the Sheriff card it states he can deputize a fellow posse member not a Lawman. I did not see that in the rules and the card does not make it clear is the deputized model:
1) Use the Deputy Profile Now
2) Just Counts as a Lawman now for card effects.
3) +1 guts like the old Sheriff Card

Great game design and love the changes. I know you again could not help Game Crafter on how they do their work.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 04:22:53 AM by styx »
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:31 AM »
Got mine as well.  Cards are topnotch, nice artwork.  Packing, storage box though it has great graphics  I agree with you, it is quite thin and wont last long.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2016, 05:17:02 AM »
Yeah, when the Sheriff deputizes someone they gain +1 Guts and count as a blue Lawmen character (for special card purposes).  I'll add that to the errata.  I was originally planning on adding a small deck of cards to show bounties/deputy badges etc., but it pushed the price too high.  He was worded assuming those cards would be there.  I'll add that to the rulebook shortly for clarification.

Regarding the box (I haven't even opened mine yet!) is it the same thin box with the cardboard/foam storage sleeve inside or have they changed it?  The "medium box" has changed a few times since I started using Gamecrafter.  The cost of the box component itself is why I kept the unboxed option - it's expensive just adding the darn box.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2016, 04:34:33 AM »
Yeah, when the Sheriff deputizes someone they gain +1 Guts and count as a blue Lawmen character (for special card purposes).  I'll add that to the errata.  I was originally planning on adding a small deck of cards to show bounties/deputy badges etc., but it pushed the price too high.  He was worded assuming those cards would be there.  I'll add that to the rulebook shortly for clarification.

Regarding the box (I haven't even opened mine yet!) is it the same thin box with the cardboard/foam storage sleeve inside or have they changed it?  The "medium box" has changed a few times since I started using Gamecrafter.  The cost of the box component itself is why I kept the unboxed option - it's expensive just adding the darn box.

Yes, it is. The box looks like you could open it and reuse it a few times before things go wrong with it. The cardboard/foam insert is the same. I tried it, didn't like it. I will let Gamecrafter know an honest opinion on what they did right and wrong for your product.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2016, 04:51:56 AM »
Gotcha, so it's the same as the last generation later box (originally it was a slightly different one).  I don't use the box once I get the cards, I just toss them in a crate wrapped in a rubber band (I know, I know!  I'm bad!).  There's a "premium" box available on Gamecrafter but I didn't even look at it because it was several dollars more.  Thanks for the heads up.  Regarding the character cards - yours aren't any thinner than the normal cards are they?  All of the cards I've received from Gamecrafter are consistent with each other so far. 

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2016, 03:57:46 AM »
Gotcha, so it's the same as the last generation later box (originally it was a slightly different one).  I don't use the box once I get the cards, I just toss them in a crate wrapped in a rubber band (I know, I know!  I'm bad!).  There's a "premium" box available on Gamecrafter but I didn't even look at it because it was several dollars more.  Thanks for the heads up.  Regarding the character cards - yours aren't any thinner than the normal cards are they?  All of the cards I've received from Gamecrafter are consistent with each other so far. 

With the box, I was hoping for more of a heavy cardboard box that I could store, cards, dice, markers and templates in. At least that is what I thought I was buying, but Gamecrafter does not give you a great deal of info or a good product detail.

Card wise, the thickness is the same as the other cards, but the longer profile does not work for the thin nature, they seem flimsy and could be damaged easy. The 1st edition seems to be on a better stock for the character cards compared to the regular decks.  Plus I admit, I think I like the left to right format more than the up and down as well.

Again, mind you I am not bitching, just giving honest customer feedback.

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2016, 04:17:10 AM »
My cards are definitely going into card protectors.  Still reading through rules - I like what I see a lot!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2016, 05:25:13 AM »
With the box, I was hoping for more of a heavy cardboard box that I could store, cards, dice, markers and templates in. At least that is what I thought I was buying, but Gamecrafter does not give you a great deal of info or a good product detail.

Card wise, the thickness is the same as the other cards, but the longer profile does not work for the thin nature, they seem flimsy and could be damaged easy. The 1st edition seems to be on a better stock for the character cards compared to the regular decks.  Plus I admit, I think I like the left to right format more than the up and down as well.

Again, mind you I am not bitching, just giving honest customer feedback.

Noted.  I'll open up the box I have here and post a picture to the Gamecrafter page of the box's innards so people can see what design it is.  The card stock seems fine on my end, but I haven't compared the thickness of the old and new editions.  Sadly there isn't really a way to address that since Gamecrafter only does the one card stock (I believe they probably punch all of their cards from the same sheets).  Let me know if you do damage character cards and I'll see what I can do about replacing them for you.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2016, 02:54:51 AM »
Rules updated on all of the Gamecrafter pages.  Mr. Hendry provided me with the PDF files today, so after a test print they'll be up for sale in the next day or two.  Will have a post on that when it happens.  Swing by the Gamecrafter pages and pick up the revised rules - change log is on the Table of Contents or the blog.  Thanks!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »
PDF version of the card decks is now available, same price as the last edition:

http://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/2016/09/shoot-n-skedaddle-2nd-edition-pdf.html

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
Re: Shoot N' Skedaddle, 2nd Edition (Updated rules, and PDF Card decks)
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »
How extensively did the rules change?  Any reason why the just released one's should be updated by users?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shoot N' Skedaddle, 2nd Edition (Updated rules, and PDF Card decks)
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »
Just added in the errata from the blog, some stuff worded more precisely - some typos/duplicate sections removed etc.  If you've read the FAQ/errata on the blog you should be fine.  The scenarios were changed a bit (one re-worded and one re-done).  Being a PDF the rules are a "living" rulebook, but nothing major has changed.