Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm trucks for vichy french levant whats available.  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Budyenny

• Student
28mm trucks for vichy french levant whats available.
« on: July 12, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »
Gents,

I need a bit of help.

I need to aqquire a couple of trucks for my ongoing Vichy French in the Levant campaign.

I have as does Lou the WG 1000kg truck which I think is a wee bit small, not good. Does anyone have the Citroen 4000kg truck if so does it look right with Perry's figures? I have the Empress Hispano Suiza truck, brilliant but seems a little too big, probably to scale bur like a battlecruiser. What do others think? Then I got to thinking that after Greece etc the Germans may have passed on some of the British softskins that may possibly have made it to Syria etc? If so does the WG bedford truck work or is this like the French 1000kg truck too small?

I note in the WG Bolt Action forum there are a couple of pictures of two FFL Tanake' trucks with in the shots a portee 75mm atg, the cab is not shown, what could this be and who makes it?  Does anyone know?

Basically I am after proper scaled 1/56 trucks or there abouts to use on the table top. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Regards

Paul Ireland (Budyenny)

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
Re: 28mm trucks for vichy french levant whats available.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:09:45 AM »
i'll use mostly dodge trucks
( seem's that the Levant administration bought a lot of trucks in Egypt, mostly US commercial trucks )

i think that the dodge truck will be released , some day, by Perry's

the Chevy used as 75mm Portee was a model built by John Hart ...  on the basis of a LRDG chevy .

some ford were used too ( quite the same buid than the LRDG chevy , so ... ) and some ford pickup too ( may be diecast avaible in ranges such as lledo )

may be using Gaz trucks with small modifications ...

using the diecast Siku White truck is an other option ... ( you'll found some on ebay )

keep in mind that the French army used trucks ranging from 1000kg to 5000kg .
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline Budyenny

• Student
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »
Many thanks for the reply Lou, I appreciate the info.

I will wait if Perry are going to release the Dodge, it looks just the right piece I need. I will look at the other items you mention also.

I am Impressed by your own stuff and am amazed at the output you show us. I may even have a look at the LRDG option.

The history of this little known campaign is fascinating and Madagascar, I am glad I decided to do this project as its certainly a bit different, now for some palm trees, any suggestions anyone?

Paul

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 01:02:00 AM »
Cheap ones from China through Ebay. Look for 9amfree as a seller.

Many thanks for the reply Lou, I appreciate the info.

The history of this little known campaign is fascinating and Madagascar, I am glad I decided to do this project as its certainly a bit different, now for some palm trees, any suggestions anyone?

Paul
Cheers,
Poiter50