Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nurgle Fly Champion - Three champs and a dog pg.3  (Read 8356 times)

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: Nurgle Fly Champion - Warriors on pg2
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 02:36:08 PM »
Thanks  :D I'll have to fast track him a bit forward in the que then. Am itching to get to work on it myself.
Nurgle is fun to paint.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 02:43:07 PM »
Splendid work  :-* :-*

I think I prefer the shields the way they are  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 10:51:17 PM »
Well those are just really nice aren't they!

Keep it up.

I think I'm now going to get all my old Heroquest Chaos warriors and paint them up in metallics

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2016, 03:35:44 AM »
Very nice indeed! I like the shields as is too :)

Offline tancrede

• Scientist
    • Studio Caillou
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2016, 05:28:23 AM »
Very simple color scheme, but the painting of the steel is really wonderful ! :-*
And I like the way you've done the shields too...
My blog, for personnal and commission work, and sometimes other things too => http://studiocaillou.blogspot.fr/

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 10:23:17 PM »
Progress! Took a while to get these guys done but finally got the last bits and pieces done on them.

Mostly enjoyed painting these figures. The big guy is a great figure though that much flesh was a challenge for me. The dog is pretty crude by comparison but I love how scunnered one of the heads looks being licked in the eye by the other. Wasn't sure how snake head man was turning out as I shaded the armour last (which is pretty much all the figure apart from small details), but I now really like how he's turned out.

One thing about the nurgle champs that has to be mentioned are the cock and balls symbols... I wonder if Jes and co still finds them amusing 30 years later. Or even 3 days later. lol Luckily these ones are pretty light on that aspect but after painting it I give thought to what the rockin' scythe dude's dagger pommel is supposed to be. I painted it as bone but now I'm not so sure...

And since the warband is now at an auspicious number (plus a dog), here they are all together:

But there's plenty more to come. This is what I'm hoping to get primer on very soon. Can't wait to paint the flagellants. Love those figures and their big slappity feet. :)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Nurgle Fly Champion - Three champs and a dog pg.3
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 10:41:50 PM »
They look terrific - the (corruptly) warm skin tones and those splendid metallics work really well together. The flesh on the fatty is superb.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 10:48:46 PM »
Absolutely brilliant. It's already a very neat looking little warband.

Got any particular game in mind for them?

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
Thanks guys. :)

Got any particular game in mind for them?

Not really, more just painting the figures I like. Dragon Rampant would be an obvious choice, but I'm rather sad and want each unit to be 7 figures which doesn't really fit the 6/12 or reduced unit requirement. Would be a shame for one guy in each unit to be left at home!

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 11:40:19 PM »

Not really, more just painting the figures I like. Dragon Rampant would be an obvious choice, but I'm rather sad and want each unit to be 7 figures which doesn't really fit the 6/12 or reduced unit requirement. Would be a shame for one guy in each unit to be left at home!

Why not just use two figures as the final strength point in an Elite Foot unit? Or take off one extra when the unit first takes casualties? Either way, there's no reason you can't field seven.

Or you could use them as Heavy Foot and give the big guy three strength points (or two plus the dog) and each of the other obvious mutants (fly and snake) two to bring the total up to twelve.

They'd also be very well suited to Advanced SOBH - the Tough trait for the big guy, Great Weapons for all but second-left, Heavy Armour all round, Poison for the snakey fellow and Rotting Touch for the fly ...

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 06:54:45 AM »

As it should be  :) I was just wondering since they look so eminently playable. Its a great project to follow.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »
Really nice warband there. Is that an epic scale Great Unclean one? It looks great amongst those guys.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
VERY nice - I'll have to redo my 2-headed dog now!  8) 8) 8)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2016, 12:15:43 PM »
Really nice warband there. Is that an epic scale Great Unclean one? It looks great amongst those guys.

Yup, and that's Epic scale Mortarion behind him. Both fit in nicely with little to scale them. Morty has what I think are tiny wee skulls tied round his waist and scythe, but they can just be painted as shiny baubles. They're a bit miscast anyway. I really like the Great (Lesser) Unclean One as some kind of gnomic fat guy, dispensing advice and prophecies. In my head they're both emissaries of Nurgle, sent to guide my Chaos Lord. :D

@Hobgoblin: that would work! :)

@Vanvlak: I'm very fond of ol' two heads. Does yours have any lower teeth? Can't tell if the gummy jaw was intentional!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »
Yup, and that's Epic scale Mortarion behind him. Both fit in nicely with little to scale them. Morty has what I think are tiny wee skulls tied round his waist and scythe, but they can just be painted as shiny baubles. They're a bit miscast anyway. I really like the Great (Lesser) Unclean One as some kind of gnomic fat guy, dispensing advice and prophecies. In my head they're both emissaries of Nurgle, sent to guide my Chaos Lord. :D

@Hobgoblin: that would work! :)

@Vanvlak: I'm very fond of ol' two heads. Does yours have any lower teeth? Can't tell if the gummy jaw was intentional!
He's a nice old thing. Gummy jaw too.